i just got an 8830 WE today (verizon). i am having some trouble though.

my internet isn't working (including when i try to access my email settings). the connection keeps timing out. any ideas?

also, i am running os v4.2.2.176. is this the most up to date? how do i update it if it isn't? i tried searching around RIM's site for the latest OS but couldn't find it.

thanks!
    06-28-08 10:20 PM
    Are you seeing 1XEV on the upper right of your screen? If not then dial *228 and press 2. See if you get 1XEV. Then goto options -> advanced -> host routing table and click the BB menu button and go a "register" to network.

If that doesn't start it working then get VZW on the phone to make sure they provisioned you right.

You can get the latest sanctioned VZW BB software from BlackBerry® Software Updates
    06-28-08 10:22 PM
    Since you just got it, it's possible your data plan isn't activated just yet.

Check for your OS here -

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    06-28-08 10:22 PM
    it does not say EV1 in the top. however, ive been able to send and receive a few emails already today....weird. i'm on the phone with verizon now. thanks guys.
    06-28-08 10:27 PM
    vzw tech support says blackberry is performing maintenance until 0600 edt.
    06-28-08 10:33 PM
    is it?
    outages are few and far between (usually depends on your local cell tower)
    welcome to cb!
    06-28-08 10:43 PM
    They are probably updating their BIS servers... 2.5 maybe?
    06-28-08 10:48 PM
    is the BIS server the website you go to on your computer to see which email accounts you have linked to your bb?
    06-28-08 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD