Hello. I just purchased my first BB Curve and I have been able to add 3 friends to my Messenger, but, when I went to add my 4th friend, and after she accepted the request, she's been remaining in my pending status and I keep receiving emails from network@etpblabla.etp.na.blackberry.net and it says:

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

Has anyone else encountered this?

08-20-08 10:10 PM
    have you pulled your battery and then put it back in after about 2 mins.
    08-20-08 10:18 PM
    Well, don't laugh, but I have a hard case cover and i can't get it off I'll keep trying though.
    08-20-08 10:27 PM
    I don't think a battery pull will fix that. I also don't think it has anything to do with bbm. Are you on bis? How did you configure desktop manager?

1.Delete the following service books:
    *Desktop [CMIME]
    *Desktop [CICAL]

2.Modify the BlackBerry Desktop Software configuration.

3.Verify the Redirector Settings icon does not appear in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

4. If the Redirector Settings icon does appear, uninstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

5. Reinstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software and choose the BlackBerry Internet Email option during installation.

6. Register the device on the network to receive the service books.
    08-20-08 10:32 PM
    Okay wow.. lots of information. I'll try.. but I didn't understand some of that.
    08-20-08 10:34 PM
    Deal with bbm as a separate issue. You said you successfully added 3 contacts already? Just in case you didn't, make sure you are following these steps to add:

In BBM click the menu key (BB logo left of trackball) > add cont > scroll to [use once] (but do not click trackball) instead hit menu key > req by PIN > enter PIN > menu key > continue > ok
    08-20-08 10:39 PM
    Okay wow.. lots of information. I'll try.. but I didn't understand some of that.
    i know its alot to intake but eveybody is here to help and you might wana try and read newbies how to and lectures to help you out i was gana say have you tried to delete your freind and add her again ?
    08-20-08 10:41 PM
    My best suggestion is to do some searches with keywords from the instructions to get educated on some of this. It will make much more sense once you have.
    08-20-08 10:44 PM
    Regarding the bbm contact, make sure you add the contact using the above instructions. Then make sure your friend actually accepted the request.
    08-20-08 10:45 PM
    Thank you all for the help. I've been trying to search for this but haven't had luck.
    08-20-08 10:46 PM
    these might help you along in the future
    Lecture 8: How to Use BlackBerry Messenger
    08-20-08 11:04 PM
    Thank you all for the help. I've been trying to search for this but haven't had luck.
    almost forgot welcome to crackberry and to the adiction
    08-20-08 11:05 PM
    these might help you along in the future
    Lecture 8: How to Use BlackBerry Messenger
    Missing link........

probably should start here anyway:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/
    or
    BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    08-20-08 11:08 PM
    :
    cool thanks i didnt even noticed the link didnt come out