Hey everyone! I haven't posted since I received my Curve about a month ago but I've been on CB everyday. lol

I am absolutely, totally addicted to my Curve. Every day I learn something new that makes me fall in love all over again. I love smart phones!

I do have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with. I'm with T-Mobile.

Before my Curve, I had a Samsung T-629. When I rec'd my Curve, I copied all my contacts onto my SIM Card and put it in my phone. I would like to know why every phone number shows up under the label "work" and why if I have three phone numbers for someone ex: work, home, cell, I only see one number.

I just called T-Mobile customer service and she had me copy contacts from my SIM card into my BB Address Book. I now have a few duplicate entries but not too many. But it still seems like the fields are not matching up.

I do not have Outlook on my personal computer so I don't know what my options are for synching contacts, calendar etc... Any suggestions?

My second question is this: On my Samsung I had downloaded a few Caller Tunes. The lady at T-Mobile said I should still have them on my phone but I can't find them anywhere. I know I would have to re-purchase my ring tones but where the heck are my Caller Tunes?

Okay, think that's it for now. I am totally addicted and so happy to be a part of this family! Yay!!
    08-11-08 02:02 PM
    For your address book quesion : the TMobile CSR was correct. It is best to copy all of the contacts to the device address book and manage them on the device. The initial set-up can be a pain in the a$$, getting all of the contacts organized and merged into the correct format... but once it is done, you will not have to worry about it ever again!

The reason why they all say "Work" is because that is the default number.

And I honestly do not even know how CallerTunes work... are they thru TZones?

And never buy a ringtone for your Berry... you can get a ton free on CB or you can load any mp3 you want and make it a ringer
    08-11-08 02:08 PM
    Thanks! Yes, what a pain but I guess if I do a little every day I can get it done. I just put my SIM card in and started using the phone. Never even cracked open the manual. lol

Yep, Caller Tunes are through TZones. I downloaded a few and changed them periodically. It's the song people hear when they call me instead of just a ring.

Thanks for the warning about not buying a ringtone. Good to know.
    08-11-08 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD