Hi Thread Readers!

I've had my Curve for three weeks and I'm lovin' it...though I'm still in the very early learning stage.

I'm w/ VzW and do NOT have a data plan. If I want to have/use games like video poker and scrabble on my BB, do they require data transfer? I hate to buy them ...and then find out I can't play!

Thanks for any insights offered!
    11-12-08 01:48 PM
    If you have VZW you have the data plan. It's required, service won't activate without it.
    11-12-08 01:59 PM
    Thanks for your reply.berrymewithit...

I only have the minimal basic email and web browser service at $30. I don't have unlimited messaging, data service, etc. Would I be able to use the games 24/7 at no cost aside from purchase price? (I'm asking this question because when I downloaded Flycast I got a message that a generous data plan was recommended when using the service...that stopped me in my tracks!...and further confused me.
    11-12-08 02:09 PM
    The $30 feature allows unlimited data access however, you'll only use data while downloading them OTA, once they are on the device you won't continue using data to play them.
    11-12-08 02:18 PM
    they do for download and some apps require data transfers while you play. Each app will tell you if it needs it during play.
    11-12-08 02:20 PM
    Thanks to you both!

I appreciate your replies.
    11-12-08 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD