04-10-08 10:08 AM
53 123
tools
    Welcome to CB!
    04-02-08 05:19 PM
    If you got your BB from the shop and they didn't point out the 6mb allowance you may have a case for being miss sold something. Also you should have a 14 day cooling of period or something where you could take it back if you wanted.

02 & T mobile have the best BIS prices, Vodafone is as bad as Orange.
    i may try that tomorrow as im going into town i did ask for unlimited internet and the guy said yes on more than one occassion.

however the 14day period doesnt count for orange and tmobile(i think) deffo orange though.
    04-02-08 05:45 PM
    If you want to stay with Orange they may throw the extra 30mb package in for free if you complain. I came across someone on here before who got that.

Good luck!
    04-02-08 06:00 PM
    how much does the 30mb normally cost? i got it at carphone warehouse not the orange shop itself, would that make a difference?
    04-02-08 06:07 PM
    how much does the 30mb normally cost? i got it at carphone warehouse not the orange shop itself, would that make a difference?
    It's about 7-8 I think.

It may make a difference that you got it from Carphone warehouse. They should have been aware of the 6mb allowance though don't you think? but only Orange can give you the free package or discount.
    04-02-08 06:12 PM
    looks like i'm up **** creek without a paddle then doesn't it?
    04-02-08 06:22 PM
    Welcome 2 CB
    04-03-08 12:25 AM
    welcome to cb
    04-03-08 12:27 AM
    I've been thinking about this overnight & choose who you got the phone from your contract is with Orange.

You could therefore try phoning Orange customer services to explain the situation and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-08 03:43 AM
    Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.......
    04-03-08 03:48 AM
    I've been thinking about this overnight & choose who you got the phone from your contract is with Orange.

You could therefore try phoning Orange customer services to explain the situation and see what happens.

i rang up mate, the guy said the package is 6mb but that i have unlimited browsing, so whats the 6mb for?
    04-03-08 05:55 AM
    How can you get ulimited browsing on a 6mb package? Customer services in the UK regarding Blackberries is pretty dire.

I have just been to Oranges website and it says 1mb is equivalent to 100 short emails I reckon the 6mb is mainly for email.

However if they told you (I'm assuming you spoke to Orange) that you have unlimited perhaps your package already has the 30 mb plan added to it.

Does your bb have wifi? I never thought to ask that before. You can browse the net for free on wifi.

Some applications will not work over wifi and will use data from the allowance instead.

04-03-08 06:21 AM
    i dont think it has wifi.

got through to my orange account:

Your current bundles are shown below :

Free Unlimited Ev&Wk OW 2Mth

30 Mins Video Calling Try

OW Daily Capped Usage

Unlimited Anytime Text

Internet talk for BlackBerry

i'm guessing its just for 2months, evening and weekends? they didnt say that when i signed up btw.
    04-03-08 06:38 AM
    I am on Vodafone UK, and I have the blackberry bundle and the internet pack on my account.

The Blackberry bundle allows 6mb of data for blackberry, ie email, facebook app.

The internet pack is for browsing the net.

The difference being that the blackberry bundle uses the blackberry APN, but I connect to the net through the internet browser, this then uses the 120mg internet bundle.

Why I ever chose Vodafone I don't know, as someone else said, T-Mobile, and O2 are far better.

If you are within 14 days, could you not return the handset to CPW, and then either take the blackberry contract out on T-mobile or O2 direct.

If you go direct I believe you will get a better deal.

Blackberrys are great, never know how I managed without one.
    04-03-08 06:41 AM
    Is the unlimited evening & weekend not for calls only?

What does Ow stand for?

04-03-08 06:48 AM
    in the book it says only o2 and virgin can be returned in the 14days.

btw you've confused me what you put ferrett, so using email and facebook i should be fine? but using google.com i'm going to get charged extra straight away?
    04-03-08 06:49 AM
    Is the unlimited evening & weekend not for calls only?

What does Ow stand for?

orange world at a guess.
    04-03-08 06:50 AM
    Ah now we are getting somewhere - take o2 for example when you get a voice plan it often gets a data allowance with it. However with o2 that data allowance is cancelled out when you add a BIS plan to the voice tariff.

It is possible that you have got it for two months but you need to get this confirmed before you get carried away.

You can use the 6mb allowance for anything email, google, Facebook providing you stay within 6mb.

04-03-08 06:57 AM
    Thats my understanding.

Best option is to phone up Orange, and ask to speak to the technical dept, they are normally very good, and should be able to answer all the questions.
    04-03-08 07:05 AM
    rang up again got an english woman this thime not indian and she said its just 6mb n said i should go back to carphone warehouse
    04-03-08 07:10 AM
    I hope we haven't spoilt the enjoyment of your new BB.

Good luck with whatever you do.

04-03-08 07:15 AM
    they just made their excuses as expected, i'll just have to be careful, but i'm here as a BB user for the long run
    04-06-08 11:44 AM
    Hello again!

Nice to see you back

04-06-08 11:49 AM
    thanks for the help anyway hazy
    04-06-08 03:53 PM
    No problem Bevchenko.
    04-06-08 04:02 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD