Hello everyone! I have been a loyal Blackberry owner/user for many years. I have viewed this forum in the shadows but now it is time to officially join. I am totally attached to my Keyone and have been since I bought it back in 2017. I had a 10 before that. I cannot part with the physical keyboard and I am anxious that I will have to switch to another brand soon (I have tactile fine motor issues and touch screen phones are not attractive to me). I am also concerned about security. My carrier is Mint Mobile so not sure how that's gonna work out with this Keyone. I will follow y'all now to determine what my tribe is gonna do in the future.
    07-26-20 09:39 AM
    Hello everyone! I have been a loyal Blackberry owner/user for many years. I have viewed this forum in the shadows but now it is time to officially join. I am totally attached to my Keyone and have been since I bought it back in 2017. I had a 10 before that. I cannot part with the physical keyboard and I am anxious that I will have to switch to another brand soon (I have tactile fine motor issues and touch screen phones are not attractive to me). I am also concerned about security. My carrier is Mint Mobile so not sure how that's gonna work out with this Keyone. I will follow y'all now to determine what my tribe is gonna do in the future.
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!! Post early and post often....

First choice is PKB or not. All that's left is Titan and that depends if you trust communist regime located OEM as your provider. Some do some don't. Some will some won't. There's been suspicions on the mainland OEMs for about 15 years now. Best you do your research to your satisfaction level.

If VKB, buy new, and decide how important 5G is to you. I'll buy my first true 5G in 2022 or so, when the carriers have truly rolled out meaningful complete network coverage. Until then, mid-tier Android hardware offers lots of value. Look at some of the Nokia's that @conite likes.

For me, I like the LG V series but only as backup to my iPhone XR now. If you're in North America, I would look at carrier offerings because of the huge promotions.
    Saltmarsh likes this.
    07-26-20 11:30 AM
    Hello and welcome to Crackberry, enjoy the forums and post often.
    07-28-20 05:31 AM
    Welcome....

If there are no new BlackBerry phones... not much the tribe can do.

Those concerned with security will soon be moving on, as Android really requires devices to be kept patched. Going to mostly be those that are fans of the keyboard and just don't want to give it up.
    07-28-20 03:42 PM