I'm sure that there have been many posts like this but even if someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

I just can't figure out how to download the new upgrade for google mobile maps.

- I'm using the Internet Browser option

- I requested the link from google. When I go there I get a screen saying something like "visit now".

- When I hit that link I get google search screen that just has 2 fields -What and Where. And there is a link that says "maps" but that just takes me to a directions search.

I know I'm doing something really wack, but I dont know what it is.

Help please...
    09-22-08 04:40 PM
    Take a look at this thread. The opening poster has a link you can click from your BB. Give it a try.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/goo...et-view-73134/
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gritmaster; 09-22-08 at 04:49 PM.
    09-22-08 04:45 PM
    Thanks Gritmaster,

But that link takes me exactly to the problem I was talking about. "Visit Now" and then a google search screen.

I just cant figure it out
    09-22-08 04:53 PM
    Have you tried removing the app and re-installing it?
    09-22-08 05:14 PM
    Strange. I just tried the link myself and it leads straight to a page with the option to install. Could be something to do with your browser settings. I know you said you are using the Internet Browser. Do you have your Emulation Mode set to Blackberry? I have all the check boxes ticked under Browser Configuration.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 05:21 PM
    I'm running 4.5. With the browser upgrade. I wonder if that has something to do with it...
    09-22-08 05:40 PM
    Patricky , I'm running 4.5 and had no issues downloading it . I'd say check those browser settings again.
    09-23-08 10:06 AM
    Yup. It was the emulation mode...
    See what I mean by a goofy mistake on my part? I didn't even know there was such a thing as emulation mode. That's why I'm a BB noob (even though I've had this 8310 Curve since last Feb or something).

Thanks to all...
    09-23-08 10:26 AM
    Glad it worked for you.
    09-23-08 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD