Hi -

So, I downloaded google maps last week and went to use it last night. I was on a bus at the time, in an unfamilar neighborhood of my own city, and excited to use this new tool. The map took tooo long to load, however, so my excitement fizzled and I didn't use google maps to find my way.

Anyway, do I need GPS with this application? How can I make it run faster - I'm assuming it's using an internet connection to get info..which, unfortunately, is not very reliable. I need maps quickly!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    10-03-08 03:26 PM
    Sorry to break it to you but not really much you can do. EDGE isn't very fast. But internet as a communications tool is very reliable. The map data is just a lot of data to receive using a slow connection. GPS will only make it more accurate to your exact location. Most mapping applications grab it's data from the internet.
    10-03-08 03:31 PM
    Get a GPS receiver if you want true GPS. The 8320 doesn't have it, but uses cellular triangulation... whatever that means, lol. It will go faster with a GPS receiver as it did with me when I had the 8320. Also try rebooting your device (battery pull) as it uses a lot of memory. It's best to start off clean.
    10-03-08 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD