It seems that with Verizon the Google Calendar items are sent out as SMS and each one is a charge. (This may be true with all servers but I am new to this.) My data plan includes so many a month for free but after that they charge. I can't find any links to contact Google about this and am wondering if anyone knows of a way to change the setting so they can be sent in a different form (for free). My only other option is to use Outlook Calendar and use the USB cable to do that. I had wanted to use Google calendar as it is wireless and I can access it at home or at work. I talked with RIM tonight (after a VERY long wait) and the rep said they don't do support for Google and I would have to contact them.

JsGrandma
    11-23-08 10:23 PM
    Not sure I understand what it is that you are having sent by Google Calendar. Your post is a little ambiguous.

As far as the charge for SMS from Google, there's no arguing there. They have that in their terms that standard SMS rates apply. If you have data, why don't you use the mobile google web site?

Cost of SMS notifications - Calendar Help Center
    Last edited by sunkast; 11-23-08 at 10:37 PM.
    11-23-08 10:30 PM
    Yes I can see the confusion in what I typed. I have been reading about "apps" that do all kinds of things and I am wondering if there is one out there that will let my Google calendar items come in free and not as sms each time and show in my Calendar and not in the SMS/MMS folder. I hope that makes more sense.

JsGrandma
    11-23-08 10:48 PM
    You could also use the Google Sync application to automatically sync your Google Calendar with the calendar on your BB, completely eliminated any need for messages.
    11-23-08 10:53 PM
    YES! that sounds exactly what I want and need.........like I said I am a newbie to BB and would very much appreciate easy instructions on how to do that.
    11-23-08 10:56 PM
    Just go to mobile.google.com/sync.
    11-23-08 11:08 PM
    Done...........now do I have to go to google sync on my bb each time to update newly added calendar items and contacts or will it update it's own? It took me 3 tries to get the sync done but it worked.
    11-23-08 11:26 PM
    I don't remember exactly but it can be set to automatic/daily.
    11-23-08 11:34 PM
    i checked and it is set for auto and it has done just that in the last couple of minutes.........I can't thank you enough! Now that I have my Storm set up how I like (font sizes, pics, calendar and ringtones) I love it!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!
    JsGrandma
    11-24-08 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD