Greetings all! I've been following the forum for a while, thought it was about time I signed up!

I'm stuck to my trusty 9320, solid as a rock. Recently trying out a Z10, nice.

Does anyone know if still possible to run BB maps on 9320? Was working til a few months ago but seems to have been cut off.

As for the recent announcement about shutting down BBM consumer, what a shame. Has anyone tried a crowdfunding to buy out? If current licence holder doesn't want to support any longer, what doesn't BB just release open-source so the BB community can support and programme/develop?

Re BBMe, looks good, but imho really should be free for legacy users using RIM/BB devices.
    05-10-19 11:54 PM
    Re BBMe, looks good, but imho really should be free for legacy users using RIM/BB devices.
    BBM Consumer for legacy BBOS/10 users isn't going anywhere. Consumer and Enterprise versions are compatible.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-19 11:56 AM
    As for the recent announcement about shutting down BBM consumer, what a shame. Has anyone tried a crowdfunding to buy out?
    Crowdfunding would not even raise a small fraction of the cost to license it or buy it out.
    05-11-19 12:05 PM
    Crowdfunding would not even raise a small fraction of the cost to license it or buy it out.
    Besides, the Enterprise version is far superior to the heavy bloated Consumer version as many here have stated. Who wants that one back anyway?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-19 12:26 PM
    Greetings all! I've been following the forum for a while, thought it was about time I signed up!

I'm stuck to my trusty 9320, solid as a rock. Recently trying out a Z10, nice.

Does anyone know if still possible to run BB maps on 9320? Was working til a few months ago but seems to have been cut off.

As for the recent announcement about shutting down BBM consumer, what a shame. Has anyone tried a crowdfunding to buy out? If current licence holder doesn't want to support any longer, what doesn't BB just release open-source so the BB community can support and programme/develop?

I don't know about BB Maps, but Google Maps still works for OS7.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    05-12-19 12:58 AM
    BBM Consumer for legacy BBOS/10 users isn't going anywhere. Consumer and Enterprise versions are compatible.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, only the android consumer one by emtek.

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    05-19-19 06:19 PM