Need help is there neway to lock my BB so that my girl doesn't or cant go thru it?????? HELP!!!
    07-01-08 02:16 PM
    Yep.

options-security options-general settings-password (change to enabled). When you save it will ask you to enter a password and then re-enter it.

Now when you lock your phone....password will be required to unlock it.

****remember, after 10 attempts-the handheld will wipe***
    So if you gf is super nosy she could reset your bb after trying to guess your password.

um...advice...don't put anything on there you wouldn't want her to see.
    07-01-08 02:20 PM
    Options, Security Options, General Settings, Change Password from Disabled to Enabled. When ever you keypad lock your phone or put it in sleep mode it will need a password to get into
    07-01-08 02:20 PM
    Lol, got beat to the post. Exactly what she said to do, especially the bonus comments. Lol
    07-01-08 02:22 PM
    Gracias bout to try it this site is tha SHHHHHHHH hahaha.
    07-01-08 02:25 PM
    What are you hiding?
    This.

Also, do you really want to be dating a snoopy stalker like that? Sheesh!
    07-01-08 02:26 PM
    Not hiding NEthing just respect my privacy
    07-01-08 02:27 PM
    If you are hiding Address Book entries... I would create a category called 'Hidden' and one called 'Personal'. Then you can filter the address book to only show the personal!!

For SMS... remove them every day, or before you see her. Or just do not hide crap from her. She is your GF... you should not have to hide things

But, to each is their own! Good luck!
    07-01-08 02:29 PM

****remember, after 10 attempts-the handheld will wipe***
    So if you gf is super nosy she could reset your bb after trying to guess your password.

um...advice...don't put anything on there you wouldn't want her to see. [/QUOTE]

Make sure you remember this! lol It is a downfall if your gf tries 10 times, or you forget the password.
    07-01-08 02:29 PM
    OK, a bunch of problems... I won't tell you not to hide things from your GF because you'll try anyway. It's stupid BTW because she'll see right through you or she'll organize a SWAT team of her friends to monitor you 24/7.

And passwords settings aren't great if it causes a wipe but that's something you can change in the settings.

So you're left with only one choice. Leave her if you're hiding something you can't afford for her to find out. Or leave her if she is just a nosey eh-HEM and you can't stand her anymore.

Or buy her a BB so she feels special and stops touching yours. Assuming she is just curious versus suspicious.
    07-01-08 02:39 PM
    OK, a bunch of problems... I won't tell you not to hide things from your GF because you'll try anyway. It's stupid BTW because she'll see right through you or she'll organize a SWAT team of her friends to monitor you 24/7.

And passwords settings aren't great if it causes a wipe but that's something you can change in the settings.

So you're left with only one choice. Leave her if you're hiding something you can't afford for her to find out. Or leave her if she is just a nosey eh-HEM and you can't stand her anymore.

Or buy her a BB so she feels special and stops touching yours. Assuming she is just curious versus suspicious.
    This man has girls down to a science. That should be the solution to the thread!! ding ding ding... we have a WINNER!
    07-01-08 02:46 PM
    I was just thinking the same thing!!
    I'd have to ditch my gf if she couldn't respect my privacy!!
    Not hiding anything, but many times not seeing the whole convo can be totally misconstrued. Ugh such a headache!
    07-01-08 03:02 PM
    Its a front bro, she is really cheating on you but she wants to make it appear like you're hiding something. Get out fast!
    07-01-08 03:03 PM
    i agree!! i have my password on for privacy even though im not hiding anything, plus my bb got snatched before (but i got it back) so just in case it happens again my bb can wipe itself (yay)
    07-01-08 03:06 PM
    Seems to me this gf needs to be shown the curb no matter who is acting suspicious because something in this relationship isn't right. If she has no reason to distrust you then why would you want to be with her? And if she does have a reason to not trust you then why are you with her?

Seems like common sense to me.
    07-01-08 03:15 PM
    I don't understand why guys always say its for privacy? If you have nothing to hide shouldn't be a problem. Besides I'd love to see how all of you would react if the tables were turned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 03:27 PM
    There's absolutely nothing on my BB that my wife can't, or hasn't seen. Maybe why we're going on 18 years of marriage.
    07-01-08 03:31 PM
    I can understand not sharing your password but if any of my ladies asked me to unlock my BB for them I would gladly do so. Err. Wait. If I had a ~single~ lady and she asked me to I would. Umm. OK, If I had a women I was in love..

In all seriousness. You don't have to share your password necessarily but you do have to unlock your device on demand for her. And she has to show you the same respect.
    07-01-08 03:44 PM
    There's absolutely nothing on my BB that my wife can't, or hasn't seen. Maybe why we're going on 18 years of marriage.
    Different world, Chaz. Same with my wife and I. There are few secrets after 28 years but even so I never look inside her purse (it defies 3D time and space in there) and she never goes through my wallet.

Neither of us have the slighest interest in the contents of each others phones.
    07-01-08 03:52 PM
    I've been with my Husband for 18 years as well (Married for 11). I don't have anything to hide....that he knows about. but if I did--his first clue would be me doing things like passwording my phone/computer...if you do it--it 'looks' sketchy. jmho.
    07-01-08 03:55 PM
    if your girlfriend kills you, can i have your blackberry?
    07-01-08 04:02 PM
    you either need a new girlfriend or not hide things. they always find out, women are smart like that. i think it's called women's intuition for a reason, just ask my wife
    07-01-08 04:05 PM
    I'd ditch the girl too. If there isn't trust, there's nothing... Even if you're not hiding anything it's a respect issue. I would NEVER look at my husband's phone. Good luck!
    Last edited by miss_michelle; 07-01-08 at 04:08 PM.
    07-01-08 04:05 PM
    My husband doesn't go through my phone because he's afraid of it. Too technical for him!!!
    07-01-08 04:13 PM
    if your girlfriend kills you, can i have your blackberry?
    You so beat me to it!
    07-02-08 02:12 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD