I did a ton of searching here (and via Google) and haven't found anything, so I'm guessing the answer is no. Still, here goes:

I have my userid@roadrunner.com POP account working fine for send and receive, except it only seems to pull the mail down from the server every 15 minutes or so. Is there any way to configure the BIS (or do something from the Roadrunner side) so e-mail is pushed to the BB more quickly? If not, can the pull interval be shortened?

TIA!
    10-22-08 02:04 PM
    I'm interested in this too.....I seem to get about a 10 to 15 minute delay for emails. I think the delay is related to BIS servers not Roadrunner, so I'm afraid we're stuck with the delay.....I will be keeping an eye on this post, hopefully someone can give you a better answer.
    10-22-08 02:17 PM
    I don't have a BB yet, but I have always found RoadRunner's email servers to be slower than others. The delay very well may be on the email server.
    10-22-08 09:01 PM
    I have about 5 to 10 minute delay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 09:13 PM
    I have a delay with yahoo sometimes but I don't think we can do anything on our end though.
    10-22-08 09:19 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

BIS works by polling the POP server on 15 min intervals.

There may be a work around, if you can configure your service to forward email to your BIS account, that will immediately forward it to your device.
    10-23-08 09:58 AM
    Thanks for the welcome, I love this place already!

By my "BIS account," do you mean an e-mail account I create at blackberry.com?
    10-23-08 10:13 AM
    Thanks for the welcome, I love this place already!

By my "BIS account," do you mean an e-mail account I create at blackberry.com?
    Yes. That is the direct connection to your device from BlackBerry.
    10-23-08 12:15 PM
    Ah, that worked a treat; Roadrunner lets you auto-forward. Now I can delete the roadrunner.com from my BIS account and get the e-mails instantly.

Thanks!
    10-23-08 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD