Hey first post for me on this site since a co-worker told me about it and let me tell you this is a great site for everything BB ive seen! I currently am using a treo 700p and alot of my friends use blackberries and i love the interface and for being in EMS i cn get all the guides and calculators i use on palm for BB...I want to get one but im still in my contract and looking for one on ebay, ive been considering the 8703e because of the qwerty keyboard and big screen but the pearl is nice and hear the curve may come out on sprint. Not having a camera is not a big deal, but I wana make sure its not considered obsolete in a few months or so. Just wanted to know if anybody has any advice...
    03-03-08 07:07 PM
    i LOVE the pearl. i'm w/ verizon. i actually use my camera more than i thought i would. plus it has video, which is decent, too. this berry does practically everything. i watch tv shows and movies on it, have music, games, etc. no qwerty, BUT i prefer the suretype feature over a qwerty anyway. so that's good for me.

having the camera, you can snap a shot and email, text it, or post to a blog or photobucket acct (for example) right from your berry. very convenient. i use it all the time.

the pearl is a great size - fits right in your pocket. i could go on and on. good luck. either way, you will love any berry you choose! let us know what you decide and welcome to the cb family!
    03-03-08 07:17 PM
    ^^^^ What dacur said!

I have the pearl and I love it.

Welcome to CB
    03-03-08 07:30 PM
    I have a Curve and a Pearl, they are both awesome phones!!

They are both red, and i have them setup pretty much exactly the same.

I like the Curve a tiny bit better, because of the full QWERTY, but the SureType of the Pearl is not bad at all, once you get used to it!!

Whatever your choice, ask questions here if you need to get some help researching!!
    03-03-08 07:31 PM
    I have the 8830 with Sprint, and even though I got my BB before Sprint released the Pearl, I still would have gone with the 8830 because I'm a big texter and absolutely love the full QWERTY keyboard.

However, if I had a choice between the 8830 and the Curve, I think I would have gone with the Curve, since I use my BB about 90% for personal use and very little for work. I think I read somewhere that Sprint is going to roll out the Curve in late April of this year, so maybe it might be worth waiting?

Anyway, hope that helps! Good luck!
    03-03-08 07:42 PM
    8830 Verizon user here. I've just celebrated my 1 month anniversary and can tell you I am happy as can be about my change. The only regret I have is that I didn't go with a BB sooner! Go ahead and dive on in-the folks here on CB will help get you up to speed in no time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-08 08:09 PM
    i LOVE the pearl. i'm w/ verizon. i actually use my camera more than i thought i would. plus it has video, which is decent, too. this berry does practically everything. i watch tv shows and movies on it, have music, games, etc. no qwerty, BUT i prefer the suretype feature over a qwerty anyway. so that's good for me.

having the camera, you can snap a shot and email, text it, or post to a blog or photobucket acct (for example) right from your berry. very convenient. i use it all the time.

the pearl is a great size - fits right in your pocket. i could go on and on. good luck. either way, you will love any berry you choose! let us know what you decide and welcome to the cb family!
    i concur. :]
    03-03-08 08:24 PM
    i concur. :]
    only because you have one
    03-03-08 08:51 PM
    Welcome to CB - you'll love any BB you choose.
    03-03-08 10:08 PM
    I had an 8700 loved it got a curve now and I'm even happier! Welcome to CB!

03-03-08 10:22 PM
    I love my curve. I have a friend that has the Treo and although it is touch screen, the OS seemed a little "inferior" and not as detailed as the bb. Also, it was pretty heavy compared to my curve
    03-03-08 10:57 PM
    Nothing compares to a BB. I admit, I only bought one so I could connect to the BES but I never realized how much a BB could actually do until I owned one.
    03-03-08 11:17 PM
    I love my curve. I have a friend that has the Treo and although it is touch screen, the OS seemed a little "inferior" and not as detailed as the bb. Also, it was pretty heavy compared to my curve
    hahaha your icon.
    03-03-08 11:25 PM
    hahaha your icon.

03-03-08 11:32 PM
    I ould have to agree with the gang. I love my curve I think it is the best phone I have ever had. All the bb models are great you just can not go wrong with bb.

Side note. Sign of addiction i made this post with my lap top open and on CB. LOL
    03-03-08 11:38 PM
    Welcome to the addiction!!
    03-04-08 11:58 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.
    03-04-08 03:25 PM
    Well I kinda figure what I wana get, and I really like the curve now its either wait for sprint to get it or switch carriers. Thinking about tmobile but between reading threads here and listen to a few friends get mixed reviews about coverage on long island. AT&T is good here but I like the lower price range of tmaobile and the hotspot @ home to make calls considering where i work no one has cell coverage but i have wifi access alot place I go. Anybody have any thoughts on tmobile on LI and around the area?
    03-04-08 05:05 PM
    hurry and join already
    03-16-08 07:07 AM
    Once you get a BB there's no turning back
    03-16-08 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD