Because of my database format in the Curve, I have multiple phone numbers in each phone number field. It worked very well for me when I had a Windows device. Now, with Blackberry, the commas are treated as pauses, and semi-colons are ignored (so all numbers in the field get concatenated).

Is there ANY way to put a character after the first phone number in the field so as to say "Stop dialing right here!"?
    08-30-08 06:35 PM
    Because of my database format in the Curve, I have multiple phone numbers in each phone number field. It worked very well for me when I had a Windows device. Now, with Blackberry, the commas are treated as pauses, and semi-colons are ignored (so all numbers in the field get concatenated).

Is there ANY way to put a character after the first phone number in the field so as to say "Stop dialing right here!"?
    No. Your question is a slight variation on the question that comes up from time to time, with people wanting to put names after numbers, for example, 555-1212 Grandma. The only work-around that anyone's posted so far is to put enough pauses after the number, that the phone that was called has stopped listening for more numbers. Over time, you'll probably be better off if you only put one phone number in each phone number field. Caller ID won't work properly with extra numbers in the field.
    08-30-08 10:10 PM
    There are 8 phone number fields per contact any particular reason not to just put numbers in fields even if the name of the field isn't really the type of number?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 03:00 AM
    There are 8 phone number fields per contact any particular reason not to just put numbers in fields even if the name of the field isn't really the type of number?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That would be helpful, but I did not do that in the past because my synchronizing software only caught I believe four of those slots. Now that I have a Blackberry maybe I should check again what is possible during synchronization (with Time and Chaos desktop software).
    09-04-08 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD