I would get a case, and find a new theme you like. Get some ringtones at tuneusin.com they are free!
    07-29-08 05:28 PM
    I've went 4 months without a memory card and it was driving me crazy. Finally, I found a 4gb microSDHC for $31. Yay me...
    No reason why anyone should go without one any longer. Tigerdirect has 1 gigs for as low as 7 bucks and 4 gigs as low as 20.
    07-29-08 10:15 PM
    and in the wake of the recent events, where some of us lost our BB ( whether stolen or we just forgot / misplaced) it is good idea to get a tracking BB software

there are several good ones in here (some are free some are not). just find what suit you.

Berry locator

BB Tracker

find it

Note: These are what I know off, there may be more
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Yea I just wish Verizon didn't disable the GPS.....*shakes fist at Verizon*

07-30-08 01:34 PM
    How do i download video's to my curve and can you watch youtube?
    07-31-08 04:18 PM
    how do i download video's and can u watch youtube?
    07-31-08 04:20 PM
    I think I read through the entire thread and I cannot believe I did not post yet!

I always loved this thread and thought it was interesting... so here goes :

1) Change your icons (hide ones you will not use, set up your 'Top 5' if you have a Zen theme)

2) Indulge yourself in CrackBerry

3) Set up your email!!

4) Get some wallpapers, ringtones, themes, etc to personalize your Berry

5) Go through Stoner's Entire Memory Guide

6) Find and install apps for your device!!
    (Viigo, JiveTalk, Google Apps, BBSmart Alarms Pro)

7) Get a case or something protective (BestSkinsEver!! )

8) Get a charging pod (save your USB port!)

9) Read through as many HowTo threads as possible (for trackballs, email, profiles, BlackBerry 101 Lecture Slides)

10) Customize your Berry (change trackball color, load a new OS... something) And this is number 10 because I do not really recommend a lot of those things for beginners...
    08-01-08 02:30 PM
    This is such a great thread!!
    08-02-08 03:41 PM
    ...unpack it all, and just sit and look at the 'wonder' of BlackBerry for about five minutes!

Oh, then get:
    1. Viigo
    2. Beam Berry
    3. The respective IM application that you want (Yahoo, AIM, etc)
    4. EMpower 's HTML Viewer
    ...ok, who's next?

VIIGO is the reason I'm up til 3 a.m. on work nights. It's an addiction! I feel I'm missing out if I don't check my horoscope, the US news and the weird news on a nightly basis! (Today's horoscope, however was complete b.s.) I didn't come into any unexpected money, d a m n it! They lie.
    08-05-08 12:40 AM
    Thumb exercises....

JiveTalk is a must!
    This is a must.
    09-07-08 04:35 PM
    welcome to the show
    09-07-08 04:37 PM
    Since everything I've done has been posted, I will say enjoy your BB.
    09-07-08 07:10 PM
    First thing I recommend is to make sure you have an unlimited Blackberry data plan. That's the key to getting the most out of your Blackberry. Not some generic smartphone plan, but a bona fide Blackberry Data Plan.

Then protect it. A screen protector is a must for me. I prefer Screen Patronus myself, but Martin Fields is another popular brand. My devices get a screen protector before they leave the box they arrive in. A skin is another good way to protect it. They slip on and off easily, add some shock protection, and don't change the appearance too much.

Find a theme you like. And some wallpapers. A good theme can change how you use your Blackberry and make it do things more the way you like them done. Wallpaper is an easy way to change the look of your 'berry without doing any more than a few clicks of your trackball. Keeps it fresh looking.

Get a bluetooth headset. I'm using a Jawbone - best bt headset I've ever used. Jabra makes some good ones too. Lots of reviews available on this forum and others about what's best in way of bluetooth.

Assign a password to lock your Blackberry. Even if you turn this feature off (autolock), just setting a password means no one else can do it and lock you out of your own Blackberry. Believe it or not, I've run across several people who have handed their new BB to someone to look at it or play with it and gotten it back with a password. The "friend" playing with it says, "sorry, I don't know what I did," and doesn't know what password he set. Then you've got to wipe it clean, lose all your data, and start again. Just setting it means no one can change it or set it themselves.

Can you kindly tell me where to go to assign a password?
    10-06-08 10:06 PM
    1. Transfer contacts onto BB.
    2. Hide and/or delete unused icons/apps
    3. Select Theme/Wallpaper/Options
    4. Change alert sounds/adjust profiles
    5. Rearrange Icons
    6. Add applications/games/launchers/Ringtones
    7. Install Media Card
    8. Learn/Figure out shortcuts
    9. Set up Push email/Complete Set Up Wizard
    10. Set a device password
    11. Spend time reading CrackBerry.com! wap.crackberry.com on your bb!

This thread really helped me a lot when i got my blackberry so i'd like to give my list!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/tip-...ortcuts-13131/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

Last edited by chrisy520; 12-16-08 at 11:55 AM.
    12-14-08 06:55 PM
    Setup three contact phone numbers :
    1 Home
    2 Work
    3 ICE
    That way if someone finds your phone they can contact you. Police will look for ICE number "In Case of Emergency" if you are found unconscious.

12-17-08 08:56 AM
    Setup three contact phone numbers :
    1 Home
    2 Work
    3 ICE
    That way if someone finds your phone they can contact you. Police will look for ICE number "In Case of Emergency" if you are found unconscious.

Hopefully for everyone's sake you won't need the ICE. Speaking of storing contact numbers, it reminded me of this article: (www)identitytheftsecrets(dot com)/identity_theft_prevention/cell-phone-pin-number-identity-theft.html

But the chances of that happening are very slim.
    12-17-08 10:04 AM
    this has been brought up before about ICE: remember that if you have a device password set then you need to put your ICE on the lock screen, not just in your contact list.

Options
    Owner

Type your ICE info there so that it can be viewed when your blackberry is locked.
    12-17-08 10:14 AM
    Good info! I have had my BB for awhile, and was just convinced to set a password. Annoying, but worth it.

12-21-08 07:45 PM
    I wish I could use all my apps, but I'm not paying an extra $25 just to use facebook, map, and e-mail applications!
    12-23-08 06:07 PM
    Wow to each their own......not trying to be rude just curious. What do you use your Blackberry for if not for the features you just stated n8archer. Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but it sounded like you don't have a data plan?

I always wonder about folks with a Blackberry & no data plan. What kinds of fun stuff can you do without it?

12-26-08 07:58 AM
    How do I change the sound that my Curve makes when I get a new email?
    12-26-08 02:38 PM
    how do you download songs? for free! jw
    12-26-08 09:26 PM
    you go to ringtones on your phone duh!
    12-26-08 09:28 PM
    I am bumping this up because I found it so helpful, and maybe someone else will too.
    04-30-09 08:33 AM
    I know I found it quote helpful, altho I still wish my 8320 had GPS :P
    05-01-09 10:13 PM
    Take the battery out and put it in 9 times. That's the first 9...the 10th thing you should do is...disregard if you don't have a Pearl.
    05-04-09 07:22 PM
125 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD