Hello. I've had a Curve for a few days; previously had a Sidekick LX. And no, I'm not 15 years old. In fact, I'm more than 3x that age. Anyway, I'm in the trial period, trying to decide whether to keep the Curve or go back to the LX. I use email a lot, especially with various listservs that I'm on. I often reply to mails and want to edit down the quoted text in the reply. To my extreme annoyance, I have found that I can't do this simple thing on the BB!! That could be a dealbreaker right there, but I'm wondering if any of these add-on mail readers would let me edit quoted text. I also find it distracting that Sent mails are kept in with Received mails. I know that I can choose to Hide Sent mails in options, but when I do want to look at a Sent mail, that's a tedious way to have to do it. So again, I'm wondering if the 3rd party mail apps handle this sort of thing better.

It's weird to me that while the BB seems to do many things that the SK can't do, there are some simple things like this that seem like they should have been improved long ago. Another example....if there's a way to select multiple photos in the Media app for attachment to an email, I haven't figured it out yet. I can only do it by composing the email and then going through the attach file sequence, one photo at a time.

Anyway, I have more time in my trial period to make up my mind, but I want to understand as much about how the Curve works as I can.
    01-05-08 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD