I spend so much time online keeping up with all the new "phone tech" and rumors. It's like I'm addicted or something. I bought my iPhone (2g) after leaving Verizon and my xv6800 (WinMo). After about 2 months my iPhone lost it's appeal, and I've been looking forward to getting a new phone ever since. I just haven't found one that I've seen and really really HAD to have it.

I've been visiting CrackBerry.com for so long, and I'm just so impressed with the amount of news, information, and general help available. I've always wanted a BB, but I've been holding out for the Bold or the Storm (I have no qualms about going back to Verizon).

Now, I like having a touchscreen, but I really wanted something with a physical keyboard. I'm just not sure if I'd regret buying the Bold and missing the touchscreen, or buying the Storm (and switching carriers again), and not be thrilled about not having a physical keyboard. I know that the touchscreen on the Storm is different then the iPhone, but I'm not sure. I dunno. I'm starting to ramble.

I know it pretty much comes down to personal preference, but I really like both devices. And I've determined that my next phone IS going to be a BB. I'm just curious as to how everyone else feels about the two devices. And yes, i know there's a lot of "Bold vs Storm" threads. I've read 'em all. I'm just so eager to get my hands on a BB!

Well, to anyone who actually sat here long enough to read this, sorry. I really am. And with that, I'm done. Really.
    11-04-08 04:39 PM
    welcome to crackberry...yea you should get a BB
    11-04-08 04:41 PM

if you realy want a berry now get the bold... if you can wait... go play with a storm when it comes out and see if you like it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 04:41 PM

if you realy want a berry now get the bold... if you can wait... go play with a storm when it comes out and see if you like it...

It's not so much that I couldn't wait to try both BB's before deciding, it's the fact that I'm really starting to hate my iPhone (even more). I think it may be one of the worst impulse purchases I've ever made.
    11-04-08 04:54 PM
    welcome to CB, id wait to try out the Storm before you get anything. You also need to factor in the ETF if you decide to cancel with ATT and go back to VZW and see if it will be worth it for you to switch carriers. The Bold is in the stores now so you will be able to pop into any ATT store and get a little hands on with the device as oppossed to the Storm which obviously hasn't been released yet.
    11-04-08 05:02 PM
    It's not so much that I couldn't wait to try both BB's before deciding, it's the fact that I'm really starting to hate my iPhone (even more). I think it may be one of the worst impulse purchases I've ever made.
    HaHa apple -1
    11-04-08 05:03 PM
    WElcome to the addiction. I have no problem with iPhones personally I just like BB better.

And welcome to CB
    11-04-08 05:06 PM
    welcome to CB, id wait to try out the Storm before you get anything. You also need to factor in the ETF if you decide to cancel with ATT and go back to VZW and see if it will be worth it for you to switch carriers. The Bold is in the stores now so you will be able to pop into any ATT store and get a little hands on with the device as oppossed to the Storm which obviously hasn't been released yet.
    I second this advice!!!! By the sounds of it, it shouldn't be too long before the Storm launches on VZW. So, your wait for a BB shouldn't be too much longer but doing it this way you can be sure as to which phone you like better rather than getting stuck with one to only wish you had the other. BB's are simply great so either of them will be a great choice.

And of course, welcome to CB!!!!
    11-04-08 05:08 PM
    Welcome aboard! As someone just said to me it doesn't matter what you get as long as its a BlackBerry. :-)

11-04-08 05:09 PM
    Welcome to CB - enjoy the addiction!
    11-04-08 08:48 PM
    it's not even so much that I hate Apple. It's the iPhone I don't particularly care for. More-so it's lack of basic features like mms or even the ability to forward texts. I have friends with BB's and they just seem so much more organized. And after using both the iPhone and playing with a couple different BB's I don't think I could ever go back to WinMo.
    11-05-08 02:55 AM
    I couldn't sleep so I rolled over for a late night session with my Bold, and we've been together for a couple months now. The honeymoon isn't over yet

Welcome to to this bottomless pit of collective CrackberryHead knowledge.

11-05-08 03:06 AM
    im sure if/when you get yours you will join us in the never ending saga of life with a bb. everyone here (for the most part :-P) is friendly and always willing to give a helping hand

welcome
    11-05-08 03:54 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Addiction is almost certain.
    11-05-08 05:39 AM
    oh I'm already addicted to CrackBerry. Now I just actually need to get my hands on a BB to fuel the fire. Haha. Thanks to everyone for your replies and the insight into the world of BB's!
    11-05-08 08:38 AM
    Well, I've not seen a Bold in person..but I've just recently stepped into the realm which is BB by buying a Curve and I love it. I'm sure whichever BB you get, you're going to be in love.

I know I am!
    11-05-08 08:54 AM
    Welcome to CB

Bienvenido a casa!!!

Salam!!!
    11-05-08 08:56 AM
    welcome to CB and yes get a BB it is the best phone ever
    11-05-08 09:50 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!
    11-14-08 12:18 PM
    Welcome to the world of crack.... berry!
    11-14-08 11:04 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    11-15-08 12:32 AM
    welcome to the crack. I've always thought that I'd prefer a QWERTY keyboard myself, I'm not sure I could do a touchscreen keyboard. Something about pressing the keys just makes me feel confident that I've entered information I guess!
    11-15-08 02:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD