Hey what's up everyone! Recently switched from iPhone to Blackberry so I hope it was a good choice on my part! I have a Z10 and love it so far...minus the apps but I did side load instagram and snapchat but they're pretty terrible imo. I am on Verizon and everything I read on here shows that verizon is terrible for BB but oh well I guess! Anyway, so far I like my phone a lot and am happy to be here! I got sick of having to drink starbucks and listen to mumford and sons because I had an iPhone...just kidding but glad to be here and hope I can learn a few things!
    EchuOkan1 and ibpluto like this.
    07-30-13 10:08 PM
    Hey welcome to CB!

Glad to see you picked up the Z10. It's an amazing device for sure, really love mine. With all the updates coming, and 10.1 MR etc OS versions are more stable now (i've never had any issues) but if you do run into any hiccups, CB members are always waiting to help you out! Be sure to search around for the best bar files/version for the app you're looking to sideload!

Enjoy the Z10!
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    07-30-13 10:12 PM
    Thanks, everyone seems pretty knowledgeable so far. I've been poking my head in a few forums and what not and have already found some answers to questions! Awesome!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:41 PM
    Hi Ian welcome to Crackberry! Glad to hear that you're having a blast with your Z10! Yes you can sideload most of the Android apps to BB10. Just search YouTube or the forum for a really good tutorial done by xsacha's. Most of my friends think it's so cool to have iphones or the latest Samsung Galaxy S4/Note2 but I am getting so tired of seeing them every where I go - I like to be different from most of the peeps =)

If you already know how to sideload then I'm pretty sure you must have installed leaked OS's here and there? I heard Verizon is horrible with updates but don't worry there are always leaked ones floating around CB forums! I am always up to date ever since I've downloaded CB10 app!

Posted via CB10
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    07-30-13 10:50 PM
    ... I got sick of having to drink starbucks and listen to mumford and sons because I had an iPhone...

Welcome to CB!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:53 PM
    Welcome Ian. Good to see that you are enjoying your Z10, and that you are having a good experience for the most part.

I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I have been around for a while and have learned so much from the bright, talented minds in the community. So, if you have questions or issues, feel free to ask and we will point you in the right direction or help you solve it.

As nhanken mentioned, don't worry if Verizon is not providing the OS support as they should. Leaks are dropping regularly around here, and those will make your phone work even better although some may have minor issues.

Best wishes,

Jos
    07-30-13 11:07 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 04:08 AM
    Hey Ian welcome to CrackBerry, good to see you join BlackBerry community! Glad to hear you're happy so far and the Z10 is working smooth for you. Verizon is definitely slacking and we hope the momentum for support picks up. Enjoy touring that Z10 and you'll be surprised at how quickly you are able to navigate around the OS like no other.

P.S. I'll warn you to disregard any idiotic responses you might get from the recent swarm of keyboard gangsters and BB naysayers. There are many helpful and knowledgeable forum dwellers that are willing to assist or chat.
    07-31-13 04:37 AM
    Welcome to your primary support locale for BB devices.
    07-31-13 12:07 PM
    Welcome! (:
    07-31-13 02:22 PM
    Hey there Ian...

Welcome to CrackBerry!

Congrats on your Z10 there. It's a great little device
    07-31-13 02:43 PM