Hi!
    I'm fom Brazil and had bought a 7100i from USA to use it with the brazilian Nextel carrier. I have phone plan, data plan and a mapping routing service plan enabled for my chip. But, for my surprise, there is no icon for the BB browser (I cannot access the internet!) and there is no icon for my mapping routing software. Also I haven't the option "compose SMS" anywhere.

Must I need a specific firmware for the brazilian Nextel? Where can I find it online? Any solutions?

Thank you very much!
    04-06-08 11:49 PM
    Mmmm, I'm thinking you need to have your service books re-sent. Log into your BIS homepage via your carrier - Nextel BIS Login & click Service Books - where you'll find the option to re-send.
    04-07-08 01:08 PM
    Thank you! I had to buy the BIS service. Now all the icons are there and almost everything is working with the exception of the MMS messages and the WAP browser. Nextel told me that this is because the phone is imported from USA.

Personally, I think that if I can change the USA firmware to the Brazil firmware, it will work. But I could not find the brazilian firmware for Nextel-BR.

Do you know where can I find it?

Thank you!
    04-07-08 05:48 PM
    You had the regular PDA data plan instead of BIS/BES data plan?
    04-07-08 05:58 PM
    04-07-08 06:00 PM
    I'm not sure where you can find that. If its Nextel you can try going to the Blackberry page and trying to find the OS that's compatible w/ your carrier..

I'm not too sure though..

Glad to hear you got the other stuff fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 06:01 PM
    You had the regular PDA data plan instead of BIS/BES data plan?
    No! I have the BIS data plan.
    04-07-08 06:26 PM
    Thats the list of OS for all carriers.
    Thank you! I had tryied this page before but just the south america section was blank! I'm downloading... but how should I install it?
    Than you again!
    04-07-08 06:34 PM
    Thank you! I had tryied this page before but just the south america section was blank! I'm downloading... but how should I install it?
    Than you again!
    Well, I installed it, but when I plug in the phone on the USB of my notebook, nothing happens.

Any help, please?

Thank you!
    04-07-08 08:05 PM
    go into c:/ program files/common files/Research In Motion/apploader

then delete the vendor.xml file and then run the apploader again.
    04-07-08 08:08 PM
    go into c:/ program files/common files/Research In Motion/apploader

then delete the vendor.xml file and then run the apploader again.
    Man, this is getting me crazy! ...hahaha... Now the device isn't located on any communication port. Had installed and uninstalled the device software and the desktop software and still not working...
    04-07-08 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD