Hi- I just got a BB curve 8310 yesterday and have been fooling around with it trying to get a handle on what it can do, but here's the question:
    1. I didn't get a data package with the phone as I am a humble public servant and therefore broke. Are there downloadable apps that don't require the whole data deal? Any cool stuff that I should know about? I went through the tutorial, but it seems that there's more to the BB than that...

2. Also, I have a PC at home and a macbook for work- is one better for loading the software on than the other?

3. Is it advisable to get the new version of the OS software? From what I read on the forum, you can shoot video if'n you download it...

Basically, I've been looking around this forum and realizing that there must be something special about this device that would inspire such devotion- what is it?
    Thanks for your help!
    09-10-08 12:10 PM
    1. I would suggest getting a data package or there is not too much you can dl and enjoy on your berry.
    2. At the moment your PC will work much better.
    3. It is unwise to try and upgrade your OS until you are very familiar with your berry.

Hope this helps.
    09-10-08 12:13 PM
    Let me put it this way, getting a BB changes the way you operate. Getting a BB with a data plan changes your life!

I can't really help you with the first question - but I'm sure someone here has more knowledge.

I believe that most users find it easier to use their PC. You do have to download additional software (I hope someone can confirm this) in order to sync with your Mac.

Changing your OS is def. A great thing to do - but can be tricky depending on how tech savvy uou are. The newest OS is 4.5.0.69 and can be found on google. There are great step by step instructions you can find on here using 'search'. Don't forget to use CrackMem to free up some space.

Upgrading your OS will enable video/voice recording, give you documents to go (edit word/excel/powerpoint), enable HTML emails and make browsing a little faster.

Hopefully I've been of help and not just rambled on. One important advice on these forums that I follow, unless it is a mod posting - wait for more than 1 reply to a topic before you act on it. The more info you have, the better decisions you can make.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD