Just had a few quick questions and I was hoping someone would be willing to assist?

• Is it possible to have two completely separate phone/address books? I would hate to accidentally call a customer or co-worker after a few drinks.
    • Software wise is there any difference in functionality between the 8830 and the other BB devices? - other than camera/video software?
    • I currently have a Treo 755p and the mobile browsing is adequate, is moving to a BB device going to be a step up/down in regards to the quality or the web browser?
    • My company doesn't have "blackberry server" or whatever it's referred to as but will I still be able to get my mail via outlook(POP/IMAP?)? Also, any GMAIL users wanna chime in on how well it works?

Thanks for your input!
    10-13-08 11:53 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

There is only one address book on BlackBerry devices, you will have to exercise restraint in those situations.

The core software is identical, other then the Camera, which is not supported by hardware.

No problems with the POP3 and Outlook sync.

I will leave the Trio question to somebody that has experience with both, we have plenty of ex-Trio users now using BlackBerry.
    10-13-08 12:19 PM
    welcome to crackberry
    10-13-08 01:41 PM
    there is only one phone book/address book but you can seperate all your numbers into groups...ie...on my 8330 curve, I go into my address book hit the bb button... select filter..... then it gives me the option of putting that contact in personal or buisiness. sorry can't be anymore help than this
    10-13-08 01:48 PM
    I just got a BB curve and gave up on my palm. It was acting up and not working.

I find the browser much better on the BB.
    I used it all weekend at a football game and it worked great.
    10-13-08 01:51 PM
    One phone/address book isn't the end of the world; I've only had one issue in the past with my Treo and it works in a similar fashion. What would be great would be to have the ability to *lock* numbers or groups by time of day. For example you couldn't call anyone in your 'Customer' unless it was M-F / 7am-6pm; I guess I live in la-la land
    10-13-08 01:57 PM