Hello,

I'm new to the forum and indeed new to blackberry. Got my Curve on Friday (8310 on O2) and am very impressed so far...

However I have noticed some audio problems as listed below and wondered if this is a fault with my Blackberry:

1) Call quality not good even in strong signal area. Tinny speaker output with reverberation and feedback.
    2) Similar feedback issues when playing back mp3 over speaker (but not through headset) and when using mp3 ringtones (but not with bundled ringtones).
    3) similar audio problems on video recorded through built in video recorder both over speaker and headset.
    4) similar audio problems when playing back avi's encoded through blackberry video encoder both over speaker and headset.

Basically I am unsure if this is an inherent problem with blackberry media player or a faulty handset. All files mentioned above playback fine on PC.

Anyone jnow how I can test the handset or know whether or not the handset is faukty - obviously the biggest concern is the poor call quality because it is very difficult to talk to anyone at present!
    10-27-08 03:39 AM
    I think that maybe it might be your phone, my curve has no issues with poor sound quality.
    10-27-08 08:29 AM
    I strongly suspected it was the phone as it just didn't seem right based on all the reviews I'd read and my own personal experience of other people's Blackberrys.

Tried a battery pull and a wipe and neither made any difference. Spoke to O2 (on the Blackberry so they could hear the problem as well as me describe it to them).

They've agreed its a faulty handset and are issuing a new one, so going to have to wait a few more days before getting to grips with the curve...
    10-27-08 09:25 AM
    I've had my BB Curve for 2 months and love it so far....that is until I couldn't make outgoing or receive incoming calls today. Audio defective. I took it to Bell Mobility who told me it will take 3 weeks to get another BB sent to me since they are back ordered...hmmm...and no loaner phones are issued for BB so I'm out a phone for three weeks. Now, not only will it NOT be my original BB returned to me that I have sent out for repair...but a refurbished one!!....for a 2 month old BB? So, I paid over $200 for my BB 2 months ago and obviously nothing went wrong in 30 days (within the warranty) and now I don't even get my original BB back after it's repaired. Refurbished as in someone's other defective BB fixed and sent to me?.....Forgive me for ranting....but is this with all carriers?....you send out your brand new BB to get someone's else's defective BB that's been repaired?......you really don't know what you are getting...another lemon? more repairs needed after 2 months?
    Please let me know what you think....maybe this is the norm?
    Thanks
    Last edited by belpam; 11-03-08 at 11:07 PM.
    11-03-08 11:01 PM
    I've had my BB Curve for 2 months and love it so far....that is until I couldn't make outgoing or receive incoming calls today. Audio defective. I took it to Bell Mobility who told me it will take 3 weeks to get another BB sent to me since they are back ordered...hmmm...and no loaner phones are issued for BB so I'm out a phone for three weeks. Now, not only will it NOT be my original BB returned to me that I have sent out for repair...but a refurbished one!!....for a 2 month old BB? So, I paid over $200 for my BB 2 months ago and obviously nothing went wrong in 30 days (within the warranty) and now I don't even get my original BB back after it's repaired. Refurbished as in someone's other defective BB fixed and sent to me?.....Forgive me for ranting....but is this with all carriers?....you send out your brand new BB to get someone's else's defective BB that's been repaired?......you really don't know what you are getting...another lemon? more repairs needed after 2 months?
    Please let me know what you think....maybe this is the norm?
    Thanks
    11-03-08 11:12 PM
    I am new to forum and i am having probs with the Audio.
    I had a problem when i made a call the person on the other end could hear me but i could not hear them.
    I would reset and it would work for a while and then it would have the same issue again.
    Verizon sent me a new phone and had no probs but 2 weeks later i had the same issue.
    I called them up again and now i am getting a third phone with prob the same issue.
    Is it me or is there a common prob with this curve as it is now becoming a problem for me and getting ready to switch it to another blackberry not the curve.

Raymond Lewis
    11-11-08 05:06 PM
    Hello Raymond, please start your own thread with a new question next time. Have you received and messages with audio in them? This is a known problem with curves and a simple fix is to activate the voice activated dialing before attempting another call.
    11-11-08 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD