Hi Everyone,

I plan on getting the Curve if and when Sprint finally releases it. It will be my first berry. My question is about email. I would like to be able to check 5 or 6 different email addresses on my phone. They are all addresses from my work domain. I would like the email to be in "real time"- meaning if I delete or read a message on my computer it instantly is deleted/shown as read on my phone and vice versa. Is this even possible? If so what will I need to set it up? Will this work with IMAP email or is Exchange email required?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    04-14-08 08:38 PM
    Exchange is required as well as a BES account thru your carrier.
    04-14-08 08:39 PM
    And with Exchange and BES, "instantly" might mean five minutes to never, depending on what you do on the pc side.
    04-14-08 08:52 PM
    Wow, thanks for the FAST replies! All of the emails are exchange emails so hopefully it wont be too hard getting it to work. As long as I know its "possible". My exchange host (Exchange My Mail) I see provides Blackberry Enterprise Service. Its something like $10/month. Is this sufficient or do I need the Sprint $30 BES plan as well?
    04-14-08 09:09 PM
    You may not need BES... Does your company have their own BES server?

Do they allow you to put email on your BB?

You may actually be able to use BIS, if you company doesn't have one.
    04-14-08 09:11 PM
    Also... welcome 2 CB
    04-14-08 09:13 PM
    I'm actually the boss/owner. I own my own company. We do not have our own BES. We use managed/hosted exchange.
    04-14-08 09:56 PM
    I'm actually the boss/owner. I own my own company. We do not have our own BES. We use managed/hosted exchange.
    I don't have any experience with anything other than BES. But maybe somebody else in the forum can help.
    04-14-08 10:52 PM
    Ok I finally got my Sprint curve but am being told I can only have 1 exchange account. Is this true? If so is there any other way to do what I want to do. (Check multiple accounts on the same domain, update in "real time" no matter if I send on BB or PC, etc.) Thanks again!
    05-13-08 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD