Hey, looking forward to a new Blackberry Storm soon (1st time BB owner!)

Which email provider syncs the best with Blackberries?

I have Yahoo!, Hotmail, AIM, and GMail accounts but was looking to consolidate into one account anyway.
    11-22-08 10:57 AM
    I can personally vouch for Yahoo Mail and GMail synching well. I've found a few more quirks with the GMail synch, actually, but both work fine. The Yahoo mail actually shows up on my Curve before it shows up on the web interface (e.g. Curve notifies me there's a new message, refresh the Yahoo mail web page and see nothing, but can read message on Curve, 30 sec-1min later, message is available on webpage.)

I've heard that hotmail works okay with it, but have no personal experience with that or with aim.com email. I'd expect aim.com to work fine since I think it's imap.
    11-22-08 11:02 AM
    Out of the 4 you have listed, Gmail would be the best due to quick response time when receiving email.
    11-22-08 11:02 AM
    My .02

I use live mail from Microsoft. The sync is smooth and delivery is quick.
    11-22-08 11:53 AM
    Congrats on the Storm - welcome to CB!
    11-23-08 11:48 AM
    The wonderful thing about the Blackberry is that you really don't have to pick just one email account! I have mine set up to sync with my work email via BES and my AIM, GMAIL and Yahoo via BIS. I have the background color different for my work emails so that I know when I need to be a little more professional in my replies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 12:34 PM
    Gmail and Yahoo... I agree.

Yahoo is very nice and I'm not to savy with it, but know it has lots of great features https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?&.src=ym

Though I use Gmail, for a couple reasons.

You can utilize google apps on your account.

You can, like I do, buy a domain name and host your own domain, small web page, and multiple email addresses with your own domain ie:

myname@myname.com or info@myname.com or etc etc... Which I have done all for free, except the purchase of the domain name (web address)

or just have a myname@gmail.com account.

Welcome to Google Apps

If you don't use outlook you can sync your BB contacts & Calendar with your google account. If you use outlook you can choose to use or not use this feature as there are programs available that will sync your outlook with your google apps and then to your BB. A few steps involved, haven't done it yet bu may do that in the future.
    11-23-08 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD