Hi I am having a hard time using the Forum so please be patient if I make a mistake.
    I have had my curve 48 hours. I managed to hook up my internet. I woke up today with 600 emails.( all the emails I can't get to on my lap-top are now on my handheld.) I do not want my email going to my curve YET, I want to be able to browse the internet and check my email from my curve.( I do not want to shut my internet off. Just stop my email. I was told to edit BIS and not even sure what that is. I hope this is possible and just a minor adjustment in preferences Sorry, If anyone can offer help I would really appreciate it thank you shnook
    07-31-07 09:14 AM
    Welcome to crackBerry.com

A couple of questions.
    1. Did you synch your device?
    2. Are you connect to BES (a corporate BlackBerry network)
    3. Did you add your email account to BIS (your service providers internet service for email)?

Now, if you DON'T want to receive emails, period, on your device, then you just have to remove your email account. You'll still be able to use the internet, and send text messages etc, but, you won't receive, and won't be able to send emails...
    07-31-07 09:32 AM
    1. not sure if I did synch 2. i don't think I am connected to BES 3. I don't know if I added my account to BIS... I think maybe, unfortunately I don't know how to check.
    * How do I remove my email account
    *if I do can I still check my internet email
    Thank you for your patience SHNOOK
    07-31-07 10:05 AM
    You can still check internet email, regardless. Are you receiving emails on your BlackBerry now, as in this minute? If yes, go to the BIS site, here: BlackBerry Internet Service - login if you have an account. If you DON'T, I don't see how you're getting emails unless you're connected to BES, at work...
    07-31-07 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD