I am new to not only the Blackberry experience but to the site as well. Took it upon myself to try to research all of the advice that has been given on why some people get their email fast and others slow. I now understand that my email is being polled from my POP3 email. No I am not that computer literate...just know enough to be dangerous. I need to get my email faster than every 15 minutes or so. Someone said to set up an email account with either GMAIL or Yahoo and then have my email forwarded to that account, but then someone else said something about doing a certain setting that would make my company email show up when I do the response rather than the Yahoo or GMAIL email account. My mind is melting down and I don't want to screw up. Could someone PLEASE (I'm really begging...even typing this on my knees right now) give me step by step guidance on how to do this.
    04-21-08 02:11 PM
    Maybe I should have posted this in another forum, but spent the better part of the evening and morning doing research. I found that if I set my office email to forward to my att.blackberry.net account I could receive my emails in under 30 seconds. To respond with my business email address rather than having my att.blackberry.net show up, I went into my att.blackberry.net account online and changed the Reply To area to show my business email address. While this is working great, it does pose one problem. I can no longer select Delete on Mailbox and Handheld. If anyone figures this out, let me know.
    04-22-08 02:36 PM
    Hello & welcome to CB.

Glad to hear that you sorted out the speed of your emails.

I am not 100% sure if the delete from handheld & mailbox option is available for an att.blackberry.net email account but hopefully someone who knows can confirm this for you
    04-22-08 03:01 PM
    Maybe I should have posted this in another forum, but spent the better part of the evening and morning doing research. I found that if I set my office email to forward to my att.blackberry.net account I could receive my emails in under 30 seconds. To respond with my business email address rather than having my att.blackberry.net show up, I went into my att.blackberry.net account online and changed the Reply To area to show my business email address. While this is working great, it does pose one problem. I can no longer select Delete on Mailbox and Handheld. If anyone figures this out, let me know.
    There is no mailbox to delete from, that is why you don't have that option. The att.blackberry.net address is for your device, and your device IS the mailbox. So in essence, when you delete from the device, you ARE deleting from the mailbox. As far as the device knows, your other email addresses and mailboxes don't even exist as it is only synced to receive mail from the att.blackberry.net address.

The only way around this is to sync your work email directly with the device, as well as to forward it to your att.blackberry.net address. Doing this you can will receive your email instantly through the blackberry.net address, and you will also receive a copy 15 minutes later that you can delete from the device and the server. The downfall is that you will be constantly getting duplicate emails.

To make this easier to manager, you can hide the "Messages" icon on your device and just leave the icons for the two respective email address, and only set a notification to the att.blackberry.net address. Doing this you will be able to use your att.blackberry.net mailbox to read and reply to all mails instantly, and you can use your other mailbox to clean out your actual work mailbox at your discretion.

I hope this all makes sense to you... It may sound confusing in reading it, but in practice, you should find it easier to do.

EDIT: One other thing, you will also need to separate your email from your SMS inbox if you do hide the main "Messages" catchall icon. To do this, open the Messages icon and press menu (button to the left of the trackball) > options > general options > scroll to the bottom and where it says "SMS and Email Inboxes," choose "separate." This will put a new icon on your device for your SMS inbox.

Once you are done, you will have the following icons:
    1. One icon for your att.blackberry.net address.
    2. One icon for your work email address.
    3. One icon for your SMS inbox.

Now, like I said above, hide the "Messages" icon and you will have three separate inboxes to manage and sort your different mails.
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 04-22-08 at 06:02 PM.
    04-22-08 05:58 PM
    Welcome 2 crack!
    04-22-08 11:40 PM
    I just want to add something. While there is technically no mailbox to delete from outside of your device when using an att.blackberry.net email address, you can still allow for the prompt to show up. Open your messages folder and press menu > options > Email Reconciliation > Delete On > Set to "Prompt" and you will still be given the choice to delete on the handheld, handheld and mailbox, or to cancel. Or you can set it to Mailbox & Handheld to remove the prompt.

I just want you to know however, that doing this will change nothing, as your work email will still stay in your work email inbox, because the device is only synced to the att.blackberry.net mailbox, and that mailbox technically only exists on your device.
    04-23-08 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD