First, I find it interesting that on every CB page (I stopped at page 15 of the Pearl 18XX threads) that there is an email question and problem. I have also looked on RIM's and Tmo websites and their directions/info is extremely vague and now frustrating.

I have read many threads about email set up here and I believe the instructions were followed correctly. Yet still no email from my BB account via BIS.

For example on the Tmo site when you set up email, there are filters yet nobody here mentions what to do with said filters. I believe I have my filters correct?

So, I guess if there are so many of us newbies asking about email that there should be a thread for each service with DETAILED info on what to do from the beginning. Maybe assign a mod to the BB email specific thread for a few weeks to step people through it. Then one crack head will teach another and so on.

I use search and not everyone has the same issue because we are not all at the same set-up/use level. So my question has yet to be answered.

So, one specific thread.

Here is another question: Will the age of my SIM cause me to have issue's with emails? My SIM is about 8-9 years old.

By the way-My BB email works to send, but not to receive???? Why ooh why?
    05-26-08 07:06 PM
    Sign in to your carriers BIS site and resend your service books. If that doesn't work call your carriers BB Tech Support Line.
    05-26-08 07:14 PM
    Sign in to your carriers BIS site and resend your service books. If that doesn't work call your carriers BB Tech Support Line.
    Thank you for responding, but what does "resend your service books" mean?
    05-26-08 09:55 PM
    When you sign in to the BIS site there should be a link for service books, I know with Sprint its on the left, when you click that link there's an option to resend.

Service books are basically the provisioning instructions for you phone. For instance if you're e-mail information isn't in the service books you're not going to receive e-mail.
    05-26-08 11:43 PM
    An old SIM card may not be compliant with your BB. Sorry about your e-mail probs. Good luck and enjoy!!
    05-28-08 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD