Occasionally, when I recieve a text message with sound, my earpiece locks up. People can hear me talk but I can't hear them. The only way to remedy to problem is to pull the battery. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks in advance
    10-03-08 08:50 AM
    This is a known issue with Verizon, and currently has no fix to completely eliminate the problem. You can either do a battery pull, or go back and let the audio file play through without interruptions to remedy this.
    10-03-08 08:51 AM
    Or, you can activate Voice Activated Dialing. That will free up the speaker and let you continue a call.

Members have reported that bug has been fixed in the v4..5xx Operating System.
    10-03-08 11:01 AM
    Or, you can activate Voice Activated Dialing. That will free up the speaker and let you continue a call.

Members have reported that bug has been fixed in the v4..5xx Operating System.
    Ahhh. Touche, my friend.
    10-03-08 11:03 AM
    I'm so glad I wasn't the only one with this problem. Just got this phone about 3 weeks ago and love it. First time this happened I called Verizon and they sent me a new phone. They said they had no idea what could be causing it. Of course the new one did the same thing. I was ready to give up on the phone until I saw this thread.

Alot easier activating voice dialing instead of pulling battery to get the headset to work again.

Thank you
    10-04-08 01:31 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You would think they would have trained Customer Support to deal with this issue, it happens to a lot of users. Replacing the phone is a very expensive solution, and it does not help.

The good news is, the fault has been corrected in v4.5xx.
    10-04-08 02:40 PM
    How do you get the new version? I am having the same problem....
    10-05-08 05:07 PM
    Hey everyone -

New to this Blackberry thing - and my earpiece froze up today. I called Verizon, and they had me take the battery out. I bought my phone on Friday (10/3). How do we know if we have the updated version you guys are talking about?
    10-05-08 07:07 PM
    OK. So I found what version I have, and it's not the new one. How can we get ahold of that version?

If we go to Verizon, can they get us that version? They have to be aware of this problem, aren't they?

Thanks everyone!
    10-05-08 07:21 PM
    I am quite certain they are, but that has not been passed on the the Customer Service folks on the front line.

If they admit to it, it means they are admitting to a fault in their software and that could be a serious issue for them if they face legal action.

Eventually, they will approve the upgrade. In the mean time, affected clients will be encouraged to exchange their "defective" phones with refurbs.

Version v4.5xx is available, you will find the links in the Curve and Pearl forums.
    10-05-08 07:27 PM
    I am quite certain they are, but that has not been passed on the the Customer Service folks on the front line.

If they admit to it, it means they are admitting to a fault in their software and that could be a serious issue for them if they face legal action.

Eventually, they will approve the upgrade. In the mean time, affected clients will be encouraged to exchange their "defective" phones with refurbs.

Version v4.5xx is available, you will find the links in the Curve and Pearl forums.
    Is that something that we download?
    10-05-08 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD