Hi -

Getting to know my BB - addicted already. But I've had a bit of difficulty getting used to some of the terminology. I believe SMS is text messaging - where someone texts me from their cell and not an email through our company.

On my home screen I have two icons, Messages and the one I'll call Emails as it displays my email @ address. Do I understand it correctly that BOTH emails and all text messages go to Messages, but only emails go to what I call Emails?

1) Is there a reason to have both a Messages and Emails icon? Wouldn't I just "hide" the Email one since Messages has all the same incoming/outgoing info anyway? [Found I could "hide or move" icons by highlighting them and clicking Alt]

2) Is there a way to permanently show only SMS under Messages? [I found typing Alt-S makes everything but text messages go away but is temporary. gotta love the Alt button]

Thanks - Tina
    05-26-07 11:26 AM
    I'm not sure, but try this: go to Messages, hit the menu button, go to Options, General Options, then all the way at the bottom change Theme Controlled to Separate. I haven't tried this, but see if you have any luck with it!
    05-26-07 11:34 AM
    You can try what 'fold' said, but that theme controlled option is normally on 8800's & 8100's based on the type of theme and if you're using the 4.2 O.S...

Also, check here, for great tips and shortcuts...
    05-26-07 12:53 PM
    I'm not sure, but try this: go to Messages, hit the menu button, go to Options, General Options, then all the way at the bottom change Theme Controlled to Separate. I haven't tried this, but see if you have any luck with it!
    I was getting duplicate e-mails when I added my personal e-mail account. What works is: Go to Messages (the original mail icon), hit the menu button, go to Options, go to Inbox Settings. You will see your e-mail account address--unselect your email account and you will no longer get duplicates!
    Last edited by oldskoolatl; 03-31-11 at 09:29 AM.
    03-31-11 07:31 AM
    How can i send emails via crackberry.com
    03-31-11 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD