I was going through the options on my phone and noticed the memory cleaning is currently disables. Should I enable this?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 11:48 PM
    It doesn't really clear up that much memory. If you enable it, it will only stay enabled until you do a battery pull or soft reset. Then it will be disabled until you manually enable it, again. I think its a waste of time.

10-12-08 12:03 AM
    The memory cleaner is a security feature. It erases sensitive item caches at regular intervals. It won't free any noticeable amount of memory.
    10-12-08 12:21 AM
    Thanks guys!

10-12-08 12:24 AM
    You're wecome

10-12-08 12:26 AM
    Also no question is dumb. Keep asking and we'll keep answering.
    10-12-08 01:35 AM
    LOL i was wondering the same!
    10-12-08 01:54 AM
    Also no question is dumb. Keep asking and we'll keep answering.
    Yea I know....there are no stupid questions only stupid people, right? Lol

10-12-08 01:57 AM
    Yea I know....there are no stupid questions only stupid people, right? Lol

Not even. Ignorant and/or uneducated, but never stupid. You're neither. Keep cracking!
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 10-12-08 at 03:27 AM.
    10-12-08 02:42 AM
    Seriously, all you guys are amazing....having a one stop shop to any and all questions I might have takes the intimidation factor out of owning a device like this.

10-12-08 02:49 AM
    Seriously, all you guys are amazing....having a one stop shop to any and all questions I might have takes the intimidation factor out of owning a device like this.

Definitely... I felt the same way until I found CB. Good stuff and great people = Perfection.
    10-12-08 02:56 AM
    Wait a second.... There ARE stupid questions!!

<stepping on soapbox>

I actually quit Crackberry forums for a while because I thought I'd slit my wrists if one more person started a new thread that said, "My call log and text messages keep disappearing, any idea what's going on?"

Seriously, if you're here for 30 seconds you know the answer to that one!!!

<stepping off soapbox now>

However, Irishguy, your question was NOT dumb at all and is one that many people would not know!

Keep asking (after trying a search lol) and we'll keep answering! I agree that this is quite possibly THE best forum on the 'net!!

10-12-08 03:06 AM
    Wait a second.... There ARE stupid questions!!

<stepping on soapbox>

I actually quit Crackberry forums for a while because I thought I'd slit my wrists if one more person started a new thread that said, "My call log and text messages keep disappearing, any idea what's going on?"

Seriously, if you're here for 30 seconds you know the answer to that one!!!

<stepping off soapbox now>

However, Irishguy, your question was NOT dumb at all and is one that many people would not know!

Keep asking (after trying a search lol) and we'll keep answering! I agree that this is quite possibly THE best forum on the 'net!!

That would fall under uneducated and/or not knowing as the ones creating the threads do not know how to search and/or that those threads has been created thousands upon thousands of times.
    10-12-08 03:30 AM
    Yes, Jayden that's exactly where that would fall!

People should not be permitted to join ANY forum on intarwebs without first passing a "How to Use Search Functionality" test. :-)

I also believe, for the record, that no one should be allowed to dine out if they have never worked in a restaurant. (Only people who have worked in food service will understand/agree, which just proves my point!)

I need to get some sleep, I'm being mean now!!

10-12-08 03:57 AM
    No such thing as a dumb question around here, we all have to start somewhere!
    10-12-08 05:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD