Hi Kids,

Ever since I got my BB I wonder what am I to do with BB Messenger. For as many people as I see walking around in a trance drooling over their BB's (myself included) I don't actually know anyone with one!

How do I share my obsession?

Did you have to find addicts or did you already know a few?
    11-23-08 12:13 PM
    I use BBM mainly for IM'ing my wife when we don't want to be bothered by others on AIM or Yahoo Messenger. As for obtaining the PIN from other addicts, there is a thread on Crackberry.com just for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 12:37 PM
    The GF and I use BBM all day. We have converted friends too BB's too. Heck we even got our parents and a few other relatives on BB's. A big BB using family!

11-23-08 12:39 PM
    Good Point, I visited the PM exchange thread yesterday but my question was as a new BB user how many of you got into this knowing people with other BB's...What made you decide to get a BB in the first place?
    11-23-08 12:49 PM
    That's amazing das! Truly, I'm still trying to teach my husband how to type. His jaw dropped after I told him all the things my BB could do. He's so use to me using a Tungsten.

Your lucky. I'd love it if my husband was as obsessed as I...but then we'd probably wind up in divorce court lol
    11-23-08 12:51 PM
    Omg my boyfriend hates how much I use my bb..I am so possessive over it! I really believe he thinks I am cheating on him or something because I am always on it! LOL

11-23-08 12:55 PM
    Omg my boyfriend hates how much I use my bb..I am so possessive over it! I really believe he thinks I am cheating on him or something because I am always on it! LOL

That is exactly why I'm so glad that my wife and I both got our BB's at the same time! We're both self-proclaimed geeks so we understand each other's obsession!

11-23-08 01:06 PM
    Lucky you! My bf isn't in to technology or phones at all!

11-23-08 01:10 PM
    Drgryl...Your boyfriend and my husband sound exactly alike. I hate to say it but even when I'm in the shower, my BB is close by. When I'm cooking my BB is in my Apron, If I ever go to church God will have to accept me as well as my BB. Who could ever understand that?
    11-23-08 01:12 PM
    After being around here for awhile, you will meet some cool people and eventually start talking to them on BBM...
    11-23-08 01:19 PM
    Good Point, I visited the PM exchange thread yesterday but my question was as a new BB user how many of you got into this knowing people with other BB's...What made you decide to get a BB in the first place?
    You know that is a interesting point. I only have 3 people I know on bbm and 7 from cb. What I find intersting is how many of my friends who use BlackBerrys don't use bbm even when I tried to show them how.

I had to explain to the 3 I have how to use it. As to why I decide to get a BlackBerry, because it was free afrer rebates.

11-23-08 01:22 PM
    After being around here for awhile, you will meet some cool people and eventually start talking to them on BBM...
    Yes, it does seem that way. The only thing with BB is that when someone gets out of hand you can't just easily change your PIN...I don't think...
    11-23-08 01:23 PM
    You are correct, once you delete someone on BBM, that's it. They can't just keep popping up like a SMS text message...
    11-23-08 01:33 PM
    That's a relief...so I guess there is no harm in PIN visibility...
    11-23-08 01:42 PM
    Not really, just don't accept the invitation if you are leery. I don't post my PIN so i know when i get an invite, i know who is on the other end...
    11-23-08 01:44 PM
    You know that is a interesting point. I only have 3 people I know on bbm and 7 from cb. What I find intersting is how many of my friends who use BlackBerrys don't use bbm even when I tried to show them how.

I had to explain to the 3 I have how to use it. As to why I decide to get a BlackBerry, because it was free afrer rebates.

That's funny. I got my BB because I was tired of the Sidekick and I thought the curve looked 'pretty'. As a matter of fact I took my phone back after a few days because I didn't see what the hype was all about then the Tmo sales clerk directed me to CB and the rest is a love affair gone terribly wrong...
    11-23-08 02:04 PM
    Not really, just don't accept the invitation if you are leery. I don't post my PIN so i know when i get an invite, i know who is on the other end...
    Ahh SevereDeceit...but that is the problem of all problems. If your a new BB user and don't know anyone with a BB you have to go out on a limb and pray that the person Ping'in you wasn't on Jerry Springer.
    11-23-08 02:06 PM

. I thought I was only one to deal a jealous person. My hubbie even hid my 8330 in the closet so I couldn't use!!!!

11-23-08 02:13 PM
    . I thought I was only one to deal a jealous person. My hubbie even hid my 8330 in the closet so I couldn't use!!!!

That's funny...

Although I don't think my husband is BRAVE enough to take my phone away from me.
    11-23-08 02:28 PM
    Before I got my BB Curve in December of '07, I had a Motorola SLVR. My supervisor at my last job had a BB and I remember that I would always say to her, "why do you need a BB". Actually, I wondered why people needed a phone with so much capabilities. I used my SLVR to make calls, receive calls, and sometimes text. Which is what I thought this was all a phone needed to do.

WRONG! LOL.

I ended up getting my BB Curve because I actually got promoted at my last job to dept manager (Retail) and after looking into Blackberrys I realized that they were more than just a phone, and no wonder people loved them and were addicted to them. And it helped me in doing my job better. I don't work there any more because I got into a big fight with the "big boss". So, I don't have the title of Dept. Manager anymore , but I still have the title of crackberry addict. LOL.

I remember I paid $35 for my Curve through AT&T's Premier site because I got a discount (more like a steal) through my employer. Best deal ever. Well, the rest is history. I am a Blackberry fanatic. My family says that I'm addicted to it. Nobody in my family has a BB. Even though my dad is now thinking of getting the Storm.

BLACKBERRYS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-24-08 01:30 PM
    My wife and I got our Bolds within a few days of each other. She is the only person that I BBM to. I really like it in that I can use BBM from inside my ER where I work thru the wifi network, AT&T has no signal inside the ER. (All other carriers do) It is a fun, handy little app.

B.
    11-24-08 04:10 PM
    11-24-08 04:49 PM
    joe...

What's a PM and how do I send you one? I like your Avatar...
    11-25-08 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD