I tried Googling it but too many hits related to Facebook apps.

I'm specifically wondering what the difference is between "Facebook Mobile" and the dreaded Facebook app that I read can wipe your phone?
    02-29-08 06:30 PM
    Mobile site is a wap enabled version of the actual site. you can do pretty much everything there that you can do from PC. the app is limited to poking, messaging, uploading pics, writing on walls and status updates. you can't view profiles, add apps, or much else.
    02-29-08 06:37 PM
    although, it will pop up an indicator, like email or sms or BBm or VM, to tell you if you het a message, a friend, poked, or other things
    02-29-08 07:13 PM
    Appreciate the help! I've got either one or the other (Facebook Mobile or the app) installed on my phone. Stupid as it sounds, I don't know which it is. When I press the icon, it prompts for my email and password. I guess it's safest to uninstall it. I have an insane amount of lists I write on my phone for everything under the sun and I can't afford to lose those! Thanks. I didn't even know the app was such a problem until I read a thread in this forum.

Thanks again from a newbie
    02-29-08 07:32 PM
    I haven't had an issue with the app, and if you back up everytime you sync, you will not lose much info, if it actually does crach..
    02-29-08 07:37 PM
    although, it will pop up an indicator, like email or sms or BBm or VM, to tell you if you het a message, a friend, poked, or other things
    is that listed in the options? it doesn't alert me...
    03-03-08 11:13 PM
    on my curve, i get a small blue square on the top, by my message icons!
    when you have the app installed, go into your profiles, and you will see a section to set up the facebook alerts!
    03-03-08 11:18 PM
    The notification is pretty sweet, and have had no problem with this app.
    03-04-08 05:45 AM
    is that listed in the options? it doesn't alert me...
    Heres what it looks like

Its the little blue square with the 2 next to it, same as the facebook icon!
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 03-04-08 at 10:26 PM.
    03-04-08 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD