Hey!!! Fellow Crack-addicts!! Just received my curve a week ago, and love it.!! I'm just looking forward to customizing my BB. It's so many things i want to learn how to do in so little time. I saw a lot of great themes but is unclear on how to download a theme to my BB. Also, maybe a crazy questions but what is a "today theme" and what is a "Zen", and all the other ones? Can someone please help enlighten me and on how to get themes??? I have a 8330 Curve O.S. 4.3. Thanks!!!!
    09-22-08 12:33 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry , Chocolate.

Hopefully this should help

BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com
    09-22-08 12:36 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Your Curve cames with several pre-installed themes. Each of them formats the display a little differently.

Use Options / Themes to check them out and see which you prefer.

The Today theme is my first choice, it has a preview of messages, calender entries and the phone log.

There are optional themes available, some free and others you can buy. Installing it is just a matter of following the instructions.
    09-22-08 12:40 PM
    welcome to crackberry..
    09-22-08 02:32 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    09-22-08 02:34 PM
    Thanks you all, and nice meeting u. I am trying really hard to get this down.I tried installing a theme and I got an error message saying " No additional applications designed for your device were found". I called Verizon and due to not supporting "3rd party apps" they couldn't help. I have the os downloaded along w/desktop manager. What is this about?
    09-22-08 03:17 PM
    Is the theme you are trying to install definately the correct one for your device?
    09-22-08 03:29 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 03:35 PM
    If you're trying to use one of the themes already on your device, all you have to do is click on it in the listing
    09-22-08 03:43 PM
    The theme I am trying to download is from "pimpmyberry". It seems as though I'm 1/2 way close to getting it then a message pops up. Yes, from my understanding it's for my device. Thanks
    09-22-08 06:32 PM
    OK, one more question If i find a BB theme, do i need to alter the blackberry.alx? Or is that strictly for unlocking vendors. Can someone please walk me through this. I guess this shows you can "book smarts" but still not conquerer the little things
    Last edited by chocolate_2002; 09-22-08 at 07:35 PM.
    09-22-08 06:54 PM
    welcome to cb!
    09-23-08 08:22 AM
    Thanks you all, and nice meeting u. I am trying really hard to get this down.I tried installing a theme and I got an error message saying " No additional applications designed for your device were found". I called Verizon and due to not supporting "3rd party apps" they couldn't help. I have the os downloaded along w/desktop manager. What is this about?
    BlackBerry Application Loader has two phases, first it reads your device software, then it searches for installed software. The reason you are getting that error, it did not find your OS software installed.

It is simple to correct. Download and install your device OS through your carrier link:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

After you have completed this step, it will allow you to add third party software.

No ALX editing is required, those instructions apply to a set of themes supplied by alternate carriers, not a third party source.
    09-23-08 10:58 AM
    Ok, I did all that. I was told that i must go directly to their website and download the theme. However, when I attempt it my BB says the page I am attempting to locate is not supported by the browser. I read the 101 post for downloading themes and other post, but it doesn't troubleshoot this part. Can you please enlighten me what this means?? Thanks!!!
    09-24-08 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD