After installing thie software it can't find my phone!
    I tried all USB cables I have, I tried it on both laptops, I tried to delete and download the software from CD, BB website, CB website and nothing works!
    Please help me, I really want to be able to use my BB fully and not just like a phone.
    PS: I use 8300 Curve, and I had another one in the past and all the same problems.
    Thanks!
    11-12-08 07:55 AM
    Are you sure your USB ports are good and do they work with other USB devices? Have you tried the cable that came with your BB? Not all cables are created equal and I've seen some cheap ones just not work with the BB when they will work with other devices.
    11-12-08 08:03 AM
    Yes, everything else works. The original BB cable did not work, although I'm not sure how "original" it is. I got this phone from my dad and he got it from ebay. Also, when I plug it in, there's a message on the desktop that new device is connected and the PC seems to recognize it. But when I go to My Computer and click on Removable device icon I see message "no device was found". Weird. Restarting does not help
    11-12-08 09:35 AM
    This may be redundant but... when you un-installed Desktop Manager did you make sure that all related folders were deleted? And do a full Shutdown/Restart before installing it again?
    11-12-08 09:43 AM
    no i didn't, but I try.
    I'll also try to install it on another, newer PC. Could you please give me a link where I can download the most compatible desktop manager for BB Curve 8300?
    11-12-08 09:47 AM
    11-12-08 10:28 AM
    yes, this is the one i used, but it didn't even give me an icon on my desktop, neither could i find it in my programs after installation. i don't know what's going on
    11-12-08 10:44 AM
    I reformatted my laptop a couple months ago, installed DM and it wouldn't see my Curve when it was plugged. I used my uninstaller (RevoUninstall -the best there is!) to completely wipe DM and any sign of Blackberry products from my VAIO and started from scratch. After reinstalling it worked. Maybe there was a hiccup somewhere in the install?
    11-12-08 10:52 AM
    I reformatted my laptop a couple months ago, installed DM and it wouldn't see my Curve when it was plugged. I used my uninstaller (RevoUninstall -the best there is!) to completely wipe DM and any sign of Blackberry products from my VAIO and started from scratch. After reinstalling it worked. Maybe there was a hiccup somewhere in the install?
    Thanks! I'll try that Uninstaller and see what happens
    11-12-08 11:04 AM
    ... when I plug it in, there's a message on the desktop that new device is connected and the PC seems to recognize it. But when I go to My Computer and click on Removable device icon I see message "no device was found". Weird. Restarting does not help
    Do you have a media card installed?

Windows is able to view the files on a media card, but not files in device memory.

it didn't even give me an icon on my desktop, neither could i find it in my programs after installation. ...
    It sounds like you have not actually installed the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Use Windows Control Panel / Programs / Uninstall. You should see an entry for BlackBerry Desktop Software. If that is not present, I suspect you experienced a time-out error during the install process.

If you attempt to install the software directly from the web site, Windows default, your installation can fail because of excessive delays in retrieving the components. A time out will abort the install without creating the application.

Try it this way: When prompted to download the file, select "Save". After the file download is complete, select "Install". That will insure you are not affected by Internet or download server delays.

11-12-08 12:11 PM
    Thanks,
    I'll try everything tonight.
    Alsom my software version is v4.2.2.166
    Should I upgrade to a newer one?
    11-12-08 03:19 PM
    I solved that.
    All I needed to do is just proper uninstallation and installation
    Thanks!
    11-17-08 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD