I noticed that I sent an email and I sent it from the wrong address (have 3 accounts on BB 8330), I see that when you compose email you can go to top and select which one to send from. Is there a way to set one as default so it always sends it from that email address only? Or do you just make sure you go to the icon of the email address you always want to use and compose under that icon?

Thanks,
    07-01-08 03:36 PM
    I noticed that I sent an email and I sent it from the wrong address (have 3 accounts on BB 8330), I see that when you compose email you can go to top and select which one to send from. Is there a way to set one as default so it always sends it from that email address only? Or do you just make sure you go to the icon of the email address you always want to use and compose under that icon?

Thanks,
    There absolutely is - go to options/advanced options/default services - pick the email account you want to use next to messaging.

Welcome to CrackBerry!
    07-01-08 03:40 PM
    I see it said:

Calendar (CICAL) and I set it to my eemail, not that I use that

and

Messaging (CMIME) and I set that to the email I always want to use as default.

I then went to my three email icons to compose and they still used the email address associated with that icon. But I guess you are supposed to go to the Mailbox icon and compose there and it says sent from (DEFAULT) and that is the one I set, correct??
    07-01-08 04:02 PM
    I see it said:

Calendar (CICAL) and I set it to my eemail, not that I use that

and

Messaging (CMIME) and I set that to the email I always want to use as default.

I then went to my three email icons to compose and they still used the email address associated with that icon. But I guess you are supposed to go to the Mailbox icon and compose there and it says sent from (DEFAULT) and that is the one I set, correct??
    When you create a new email, it will use the default email address to send the email. However, note that it remembers the email address that you use. So for example, if you set your default email address to your work email, and you decide to send an email to "John" - it will use your work email address unless you tell it to use a different address. Now, when the time comes to send another email to John, it will use the secondary address that you picked, and not the default. The default is used only when you have never sent an email to the recipient before.

Also note - if you are located in the email box for a particular address and you choose to send an email from there, it will always use that particular email address, whether it is your default or not. So if you are in your personal email box, and you choose to create an email, it will use your personal email address. Additionally, when responding to an email, it will use the same email address as a return as the email was sent to. So if you received an email sent to your personal email address, and you respond, it will use your personal email address as a return.

In short, the default only gets used when you choose to create an email outside of your email boxes. I happen to use keyboard shortcuts, and I can push "c" for create - when I do that, the device has no idea which email address to use, so it reverts to the default. Make sense?
    07-01-08 04:25 PM
    I understand, so to be sure I always use the email address I want I should go into the email box and send and receive from there.
    07-01-08 04:30 PM
    I understand, so to be sure I always use the email address I want I should go into the email box and send and receive from there.
    That's what I do. However - if you routinely email a particular address, the device will remember what return address you previously used, so that provides you with some assurance that the email is being sent from the right address.
    07-01-08 04:32 PM
    Hope you have this figured out now... If you have any more questions, feel free to ask..and welcome to CB...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD