Hi all,

I thought was a member but I guess I've just read a lot here. Thanks to all who have been keeping this thing going. What has spurred me to actually get a login and post is that I'm in panic mode. I just learned that the Classic wasn't available when I was sent a Samsung as a warranty replacement. Anyone know of a thread that would help me figure out my options? I just checked out a KeyOne at Best Buy and it doesn't seem very BB and its price point is a little high for me.

Thanks in advance if anyone can point me to a place to start..

Laura
    01-12-18 02:46 PM
    hello Laura. welcome 😊 have you looked at the Note 7?
    01-14-18 06:48 AM
    Hi all,

I thought was a member but I guess I've just read a lot here. Thanks to all who have been keeping this thing going. What has spurred me to actually get a login and post is that I'm in panic mode. I just learned that the Classic wasn't available when I was sent a Samsung as a warranty replacement. Anyone know of a thread that would help me figure out my options? I just checked out a KeyOne at Best Buy and it doesn't seem very BB and its price point is a little high for me.

Thanks in advance if anyone can point me to a place to start..

Laura
    Welcome to BB. What did you not like about the KEYone or made it seem not BB to you?
    01-14-18 06:52 AM
    hello Laura. welcome 😊 have you looked at the Note 7?
    Thanks for the welcome!!
    Had to Google it to see what it was.. I pretty stuck on having a keyboard so that's not in the running.
    01-15-18 02:47 PM
    Thanks for the welcome!!
    Had to Google it to see what it was.. I pretty stuck on having a keyboard so that's not in the running.
    I decided against the device just because I'm fundamentally opposed to exploding batteries.
    trucker79005 likes this.
    01-15-18 02:49 PM
    I guess what makes it seem not blackberry is just that I'm used to bb10 and the way you use it is very different. I haven't figured out how many of my features might be missing. The ringer profiles are a pretty big deal to me and I couldn't figure out if it had them. How I dial the phone is also a big one for me. With it not having the phone button it seemed clunky. I only got to try it for about 15 minutes so I really don't know which differences would be deal killers. My phone usually sits in my back pocket so I'm not sure if KeyOne will be sturdy enough to survive me. Afraid the size may be a little of a problem.
    01-15-18 03:13 PM
    I guess what makes it seem not blackberry is just that I'm used to bb10 and the way you use it is very different. I haven't figured out how many of my features might be missing. The ringer profiles are a pretty big deal to me and I couldn't figure out if it had them. How I dial the phone is also a big one for me. With it not having the phone button it seemed clunky. I only got to try it for about 15 minutes so I really don't know which differences would be deal killers. My phone usually sits in my back pocket so I'm not sure if KeyOne will be sturdy enough to survive me. Afraid the size may be a little of a problem.
    BBAndroid is kind of in the middle between BB10 and Regular Android. The KEYone doesn't have toolbar so it's more similar to Q10 than Classic. It takes some getting used to moving from BB10 to BBAndroid. It took me about 30 days cold turkey. It was about the same for me going from BBOS to BB10. Worth the move to BBAndroid. I never quite felt the reward with BB10, ever.

Once you have some real helpful newer apps that didn't function right on BB10, it's worth the move.
    01-15-18 03:20 PM
    That's helpful to me. Thanks! Where my life is right now the thought of the learning curve stresses me out. Based on that info my best bet is probably to get a couple more BB10 phones and maybe try to get a KeyOne sometime before the others die to have as a 2nd phone to start playing with.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 03:38 PM
    That's helpful to me. Thanks! Where my life is right now the thought of the learning curve stresses me out. Based on that info my best bet is probably to get a couple more BB10 phones and maybe try to get a KeyOne sometime before the others die to have as a 2nd phone to start playing with.

Posted via CB10
    No worries here. Who do you use as your carrier?
    01-15-18 06:17 PM
    I use Verizon but have a number with H20 wireless as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 06:20 PM
    I use Verizon but have a number with H20 wireless as well.

Posted via CB10
    Are you reliant on Verizon as your provider for coverage reasons?
    01-16-18 12:52 PM
    Verizon is the best in some of our area but AT&T is ok as well. Some of the others we can't use.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-18 06:20 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    01-18-18 10:29 AM
    Verizon is the best in some of our area but AT&T is ok as well. Some of the others we can't use.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I meant to elaborate but missed your reply. If using Verizon for coverage purposes, I'd recommend a KEYone CDMA version since they're less common but still available via Amazon. Verizon compatible but Verizon ended up not placing order to sell in stores.

The BB10 platform is degrading at faster pace with announced EOL coming in 2019. The Verizon compatible BB10 devices can be had rather inexpensively. A backup device should be sufficient. No reason to be a prepper with these devices as it could be wasted money better spent towards your KEYone.
    01-18-18 10:41 AM
    Any time I try to open any android apps in my BlackBerry classic it bounce back pls need help
    02-11-18 03:22 PM