I'm having trouble deciding on which model of Blackberry I should get. I'm going to use it mainly for texting and maybe to check my e-mail. I'm still in high school so I want something that's cool and has a camera. Also, I like the size of the Pearl but I like the full qwerty keyboard on the Curve. Is suretype as good as the full qwerty?
    06-21-08 03:32 PM
    get the curve! Welcome to cb!
    06-21-08 04:56 PM
    I'm having trouble deciding on which model of Blackberry I should get. I'm going to use it mainly for texting and maybe to check my e-mail. I'm still in high school so I want something that's cool and has a camera. Also, I like the size of the Pearl but I like the full qwerty keyboard on the Curve. Is suretype as good as the full qwerty?
    Suretype is a breeze once you get used to it. The trick is to not look at the screen. My suggestion- play with both of them at the store and decide that way which one you like more. Using forums to make a decision like this is going to drive you nuts with the amount of Pearl> Curve> Pearl> Curve responses you'll get.
    06-21-08 05:13 PM
    i have them both and i type alot faster on the pearl, but overall like the curve alot more
    06-21-08 05:15 PM
    I'd suggest the curve..if you can wait..then get the Bold...BTW welcome to CB
    06-21-08 05:20 PM
    curve curve curve! sure, the pearl is small, but the curve still basically fits in the palm of my hand.
    i, too, am in high school (well...i just graduated...but close enough!) and the curve was the right decision for me. i love the big screen. and, the look is more "blackberry", i think.
    06-21-08 06:23 PM
    The Curve, also you can get a Refurbish Curve for $99.00 from AT&T.

Welcome to the Crack!
    06-21-08 07:59 PM
    Welcome to CB and the curve is a great choice.
    06-21-08 08:01 PM
    I had the Pearl for about a month before switching out to the Curve. Curve has a better hand fit, more memory and a full keyboard. I'd suggest going to the store to play with each of them to see which one fits your needs the best.

If I were on AT$T I'd go for the Curve as they're both $99 after rebates.
    06-21-08 08:10 PM
    I decided to get the Curve 8310 because it's only $80 at Radio Shack.
    06-22-08 03:51 PM
    Get the curve, it rocks!
    06-22-08 03:56 PM
    still a good choice I have both modela and perfer the curve.
    06-22-08 03:56 PM
    I had the Pearl for about a month before switching out to the Curve. Curve has a better hand fit, more memory and a full keyboard. I'd suggest going to the store to play with each of them to see which one fits your needs the best.

If I were on AT$T I'd go for the Curve as they're both $99 after rebates.
    I think the only way for me to use the Curve is to cut my nails; which I'm not to inclined to do. On the other hand, I do want the Red Curve whenever it comes to Sprint.... decisions decisions.
    06-22-08 07:43 PM
    The Curve is very nice
    06-22-08 07:58 PM
    I have both and I will never again use my Pearl (I have since given it to my sister who is 16)... I love my Curve. I can't go back.
    06-23-08 04:13 AM
    Welcome 2 crackberry.com!
    06-27-08 02:37 PM
    Deciding on a model! Huh, I vote for the one with the most internal memory. With apps a running and memory leaks. The more the better. =8')
    06-27-08 03:02 PM
    I highly recommend the Curve, and I love mine... but for your situation, a Pearl may be logically better.

SureType is a breeze to txt on, etc. You probably don't need the larger screen and more onboard memory.

There is plenty of info on CB to help you make your decision. Welcome to the addiction!
    06-27-08 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD