Around 2003 I used what I consider my first smartphone: a Nokia 6600 running Symbian OS 7.0, a VGA camera, plenty of applications and themes available, and it was quite ahead of its time. A few years later I had my first qwerty phone: a Nokia E61, and awesome device built like a tank, a battery that lasted easily a couple of days, activesync client, also a bunch of apps available... the only thing was that it lacked a camera, but everything else was great (for a 2006 device). The Nokia E61 was with me for over two years. By then the iPhone was around, Nokia's Symbian OS was going through a lot of rushed transformations (catching up), but I gave Nokia another chance with the Nokia E73, another qwerty phone running Symbian OS.

But at the end of 2010 something happened: my new girlfriend was a BlackBerry user and for the first time I considered trying a BlackBerry, since I loved the Nokia qwerty phones, so I thought trying a BlackBerry wouldn't be so bad. So I got myself a BlackBerry 9780 and that was it: I was converted to BlackBerry. The Bold 9780 was my first BlackBerry and I couldn't go back to Nokia (sorry my Finland friends). I discovered how amazing BBM was then and still is and enjoyed using it extensively with my girlfriend, then with some friends and my sister (she still has a corporate issued BlackBerry). In 2011 I upgraded to a Bold 9900 (oh man, that's a sweet piece of hardware), and I loved it.

Since then a lot of friends have moved away to iPhones or Androids, but my girlfriend and myself still use BlackBerries. Recently I gave my Bold 9900 to my girlfriend and upgraded to a brand new BlackBerry Q10. This is, in my opinion, the best qwerty smartphone ever. There's nothing as good a real keyboard (truth is I don't like typing on glass, as full touchscreen devices require) and the Q10 keyboard is amazing. The form factor is a classic design that has everything balanced (not too heavy, not too big or small), feels great in the hand and functionality wise is an extremely capable true portable computer (okey, smartphones in the end are basically computers with built-in radios).

In my opinion, BlackBerry has still a long way to go, getting back lost market share and pushing BB10 devices worldwide, making BES10 adoption across former enterprise and new potential customers, etc. However it has great products and very talented people that are working very hard to move forward with their company. Can't wait for BBM to be out for other platforms! Cheers!
    Last edited by tetonica; 07-13-13 at 03:26 PM.
    jrohland and ioansuhov like this.
    07-13-13 02:53 PM
    cool story! Welcome to the forum
    tetonica likes this.
    07-13-13 03:12 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry...
    tetonica likes this.
    07-13-13 08:34 PM
    Thanks for sharing your good experience with BB.
    My first BlackBerry was 7100g (with a track wheel) in 2004-2007. Then I switched to a feature phone for the next 3 years. I got my first all-touch smartphone in 2010, which is iPhone 4. Since then, I like the screen real estate without the physical keyboard. However, iPhone keyboard is sucky. So I end up with a Z10 now. Of course I love Z10 every single day. BB10 OS is a marvellous masterpiece. iOS is not too bad but too simple thus too stale. Surprisingly, I suddenly become a BlackBerry loyalist because BB10 really is great enough to root for. It looks like I fall in love with Z10. I don't have that feel before for any phones I have used. I don't understand myself not being loyal to Apple when I was using Apple's product.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    tetonica likes this.
    07-13-13 09:08 PM
    Track wheel?! Yeah I remember the old BlackBerries had a track wheel on the side which was actually pretty cool back then. Glad that you're enjoying BB10 on the BlackBerry Z10. In my case I've never had an iPhone, but I understand what you mean, definitely BB10 seems more advanced and capable than iOS or Android. Think that the release of BB10 is proof that BlackBerry is here to stay!
    07-14-13 05:37 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    tetonica likes this.
    07-14-13 09:37 AM
    welcome welcome welcome !
    tetonica likes this.
    07-14-13 02:45 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry ! I know how the BB love appears I had many Android phones (Sasmung Galaxy Mini---Ace---Lg optimus L9---S3) but for the first time I feel that my phone is something more than a piece of metal, glass and plastic. I own a q10 and I have to admit, BB is a life-style
    tetonica likes this.
    07-14-13 02:55 PM
    The story is super.Blackberry is super compare to other phones.The software's are newly updated. many new facilities are available.
    tetonica likes this.
    07-30-13 12:27 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry

Posted via CB10
    tetonica likes this.
    07-30-13 11:34 AM
    Welcome

Posted via CB10
    tetonica likes this.
    08-01-13 08:43 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Great story and thanks for sharing it.
    tetonica likes this.
    08-02-13 07:47 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry ! I know how the BB love appears I had many Android phones (Sasmung Galaxy Mini---Ace---Lg optimus L9---S3) but for the first time I feel that my phone is something more than a piece of metal, glass and plastic. I own a q10 and I have to admit, BB is a life-style
    It thinks like you

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 11:50 AM