Getting my Mobile Nations passport was an act of lust/greed, as CrackBerry was offering a BB10 device of choice (would've been a Q10, IIRC) and Android Central was offering *dat* HTC One M7. I didn't get any of those, sadly.

I've been following BlackBerry and lurking around CrackBerry for about two years now. I've missed most developer programs and stuff, eventually got a PlayBook on a fire sale and had every intention of writing apps for it but never managed to get a single line of code into the thing.

While my hopes for the promised BB10 update are at an all time low, I do like the PBOS as is and still have plans to publish a few apps for it (as long as the PB AppWorld is still running).

I can't promise loyalty to a brand but I do think BlackBerry still offers the best all around experience and there are some silver linings to be had on the whole PlayBook/BB10 story.

TL;DR: Hi, new guy, has PlayBook, wannabe dev, (mostly) non-hue.
    04-04-14 07:34 AM
    Welcome to CB. Hope it works for you. I'm not sure how much potential is left in the pb. Perhaps you should see about making aps that will work on both the pb and bb10?
    04-04-14 07:39 AM
    Welcome!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 07:40 AM
    Getting my Mobile Nations passport was an act of lust/greed, as CrackBerry was offering a BB10 device of choice (would've been a Q10, IIRC) and Android Central was offering *dat* HTC One M7. I didn't get any of those, sadly.

I've been following BlackBerry and lurking around CrackBerry for about two years now. I've missed most developer programs and stuff, eventually got a PlayBook on a fire sale and had every intention of writing apps for it but never managed to get a single line of code into the thing.

While my hopes for the promised BB10 update are at an all time low, I do like the PBOS as is and still have plans to publish a few apps for it (as long as the PB AppWorld is still running).

I can't promise loyalty to a brand but I do think BlackBerry still offers the best all around experience and there are some silver linings to be had on the whole PlayBook/BB10 story.

TL;DR: Hi, new guy, has PlayBook, wannabe dev, (mostly) non-hue.
    Welcome....

What kind of Apps do you expect to be working on?
    04-04-14 07:42 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Hope you can get some of the things done with the PB app making you want.
    04-04-14 09:20 AM
    Welcome aboard! My PlayBook was my gateway drug into full-blown Crackberry addiction.

I've used every major platform, but have ended up returning to BB for now. I guess I just like to be different.

Glad you're here!
    04-04-14 09:33 AM
    Thanks, everyone. (I'll get proper CrackBerry netiquette, with time...)

I have to put some hours in and basically restart from scratch, so it's mostly small time, simple apps for now and then tackle some bigger projects I have in mind later.

As for the PB, I guess most bases are well covered or way over my capabilities (browser, file manager, music workstation, player, clock, etc), but I guess there are some small gaps to fill and experiment with.

kbz1960: Definitely going for BB10 too, both native and multiplatform stuff (Marmalade/Unity3D).

scalemaster34: For the long run I want to work on both music and games, in an ideal world...

Newfangled: While I do think other platforms are (slowly) catching on, one gets a bit spoiled after getting used to physical keyboards and/or gestures. It just works better, pressing home buttons and such feels really archaic by comparison.
    kbz1960 and eldricho like this.
    04-04-14 11:22 AM
    Welcome to CB! Enjoy exploring the forums!
    04-04-14 02:21 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    04-04-14 03:18 PM
    Welcome and enjoy the forums!
    04-07-14 02:36 PM