Hey I was wondering if anyone knows how to give a certain person a different SMS message tone. For example, I would like for my best friend to have a different SMS ring than suppose, my ex. haha . I realize how to give different people different ringtones, but I want the text messages to make different sounds too. If anyone can help, Thank you!!
    12-16-08 02:09 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I don't use SMS, but if you think that is a good idea, I am sure some clever third party software developer has noticed it too. If not, they should now.
    12-16-08 02:23 PM
    Hey I was wondering if anyone knows how to give a certain person a different SMS message tone. For example, I would like for my best friend to have a different SMS ring than suppose, my ex. haha . I realize how to give different people different ringtones, but I want the text messages to make different sounds too. If anyone can help, Thank you!!
    Here's a step by step. Took me 2 weeks with the help of this site to figure it out.
    1. At the sound icon choose advance.
    2. In profiles (click on application key on phone and choose New Profile) Name it. I named mine the name of the friend the profile is for.
    3. Go to each MMS, Phone, SMS, etc. and individually set the tone you want for this friend. Save
    4. Now you must add New Exception. Still in profile (click application Key) choose New Exception.
    5. Name same as the profile you just made.
    6. Under FROM click application key and choose add name. This will bring you to your address book. Find your friend and click.
    7.Scroll down to Use Profile and where it says Active Profile click on it and you should see your friends Profile you created. Click on it.
    8 Scroll to Custom Phone Tune and choose tone you selected for your friend. Save. Your done. Now whenever your friend calls or SMS his tone will play.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    12-17-08 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD