I'm gonna make it short and sweet. I have a T-mobile Dash. I'm interested in a Curve. I text more than I email. I also check the browser an avg amount a day. I am also into multimedia. BB service is cheaper than the Dash's data plan. What should I get?
    06-29-07 03:26 PM
    I would suggest you consider the coverage by the carriers B4 you try to save a few bucks on a service plan.
    06-29-07 04:03 PM
    Its all the same carrier -- Tmobile. Which would you rather have? The Tmobile Curve, which will be coming out soon, will have Wi-Fi on top of all the other features.
    06-29-07 09:59 PM
    Curve. windows Mobile devices Ive had all lag and even freeze at times. Im not a BB nut who doesnt give other devices a chance so my view is fair. My curve is sleek, play great 3gp vid and the net is awesome.
    06-29-07 11:23 PM
    I have the Curve, Browser is adequate even with EDGE speeds, texting is good and e-mail is top notch. The layout, look, and feel of the Curve is what did it for me as well. Feels so light in your hand, and the trackball was easy to get used to and works great. Pretty intuitive although takes a little while to learn all the features. If your getting the Tmobile Curve which may have wi-fi I think that'd be the way to go, with 3G and built in GPS being maybe the only lacking features. But I can't speak saying I've used the Dash because I obviously have not, however I don't think you'd be disappointed going to the curve, the media player is great as well. Overall a great business and consumer oriented device. To speak to what GO DJ said, I owned the Blackjack and was not satisfied with the device, went through 3 of them in a month and had enough of the constant lagging with windows mobile and features that didn't work as intended.
    06-29-07 11:24 PM
    What about the iPhone? Is the Curve better than that? (Consider price, plans, and features!)
    06-30-07 12:01 AM
    Apples and oranges with the Curve and iPhone. I personally can't do those touch screens when I type. The Curve has an awesome keyboard! If your fingers are agile and you don't mind the touchscreen, you might like the iPhone better. For me, I know that type of interface doesn't work at all.

Kath
    06-30-07 12:57 AM
    had my last mp3 player stolen - and need a new phone. thought i'd see if i get the curve (or pearl) whether i can just use one device, which would make life easier. am on tmobile, don't like att or would see about iphone. anybody have comments on the music playing aspect of curve and whether it can replace a good mp3 player -- or do you still need one?
    08-24-07 12:03 AM
    I have the T-Mob Pearl (love it) but I have to say the music player leaves something to be desired. The interface is functional but pretty rudimentary which is why I still carry my Nano around.

Despite all that, I still say BB all the way...but I'm biased.
    08-25-07 12:08 AM
    Unless that T-Mobile dash comes with WM6 avoid it like the plague, The BB Curve is an awesome device, this coming from an owner. personally I would take a Curve over a Dash anyday, as for the iPhone well, my feelings on that are simple, if you want to be a beta tester for apple, go ahead, but when you compare functionality and cost between either iPhone and Dash or iPhone and Curve the choice should be obvious to you..in the end the choice is yours, stick with what you like and are comfortable with, last but not least consider what your main intent for the device is....do u NEED to have a reliable email system(BB), do you just want to be the ''cool kid'' on the block(apple) or do you want a a device that is not even sure what it's purpose is (Dash)...the choice is yours...
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 08-25-07 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes...sue me!
    08-25-07 07:48 PM
    NOt to jump on the band wagon but I own the ATT Peral and love it but I must admit I am ready to make the move to the Curve! Go for it buy the curve!!!!!
    08-25-07 08:02 PM
    Why you wanna go for Windows Mobile device?

My opinion is that it still has to small market and devices are not so good as BB. If you wanna some other smartphone platform go for Symbian. It is little different, but has big resource and some devices (Nokia E series) have pretty good BB support...

But BB is still best solution for email and typing...
    08-27-07 05:07 AM
    Well, as you say you are messaging a lot, the Curve is the way to go, without hesitation!
    But for light messaging use, and heavy media (music/video) use, I think iPhone would be the best choice

It's not only about looking cool... the iPhone have some good features. Just not the same as BB... for exemple, no Curves have wifi yet... quite a shame, I find...
    Last edited by thirrouard; 08-27-07 at 07:33 AM.
    08-27-07 07:30 AM
    i have dash and pearl its great waiting 4 the curve 4 t mobile or a bb that can record video
    09-01-07 12:31 AM
    Ughh...winblows mobile...I hate windows on my home computer, i'd never want it on my cellphone as well.nuff said imo
    09-01-07 05:02 AM
    Love Both Of Them
    09-02-07 11:21 PM
    easy the curve
    03-17-08 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD