Hi! I am new to this site, as well as the wonderful world of BlackBerry. In November, I am eligible for an upgrade with Verizon. I have decided to jump on the BB bandwagon.

I am at a total loss. Never being a BB user before, I don't know which model I should get. I have almost always used LG phones before. Right now I have the LG enV (the original).

I know they are saying the Storm will be released to Verizon on Nov 15th (don't hold my breath though, right?) so I wonder if I should go ahead and get the Curve, or wait for the Storm? Which would be more user-friendly to someone who has never used a BB before? To be honest, the touch-screen intimidates me for some reason.

So my question is - what would you choose if you were me?
    10-27-08 10:03 PM
    I have a curve great phone. I love it! but the storm is a great phone as well. I think it will be very user friendly not like the LG Dare(not a good phone, hard to use). but it ultimately up to you. curves great, but storm is much quicker with more memory and faster processor, both are like twice as fast. but congrats on the jump to the greatest phones ever made.

by the way I have a curve for work with ATT and I have verizon for personal so the storm is what I'm waiting for because I cant decide either.
    10-27-08 10:26 PM
    if i were you,i would choose the storm,im going to verizon too....
    10-27-08 10:26 PM
    I have a curve great phone. I love it! but the storm is a great phone as well. I think it will be very user friendly not like the LG Dare(not a good phone, hard to use). but it ultimately up to you. curves great, but storm is much quicker with more memory and faster processor, both are like twice as fast. but congrats on the jump to the greatest phones ever made.
    Thanks for your input!

I have a question about the Storm. Is it heat activated? Or can I navigate by tapping the screen with my fingernail?
    10-27-08 10:30 PM
    if i were you,i would choose the storm,im going to verizon too....
    Now the question is -- can I wait until November 15th?? I am so ready to throw this LG out the window!!
    10-27-08 10:32 PM
    I would get the storm me I'm waiting for the 4th happy times r approaching

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 11:19 PM
    If I was in your position I would wait for the Storm to come out. From what I've seen it looks like it would be more user friendly to someone new to BB. Its only a few weeks away too (so they say)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BerryThumbs; 10-27-08 at 11:39 PM.
    10-27-08 11:27 PM
    Welcome 2 CB
    10-28-08 02:50 AM
    I would give the storm a try when it comes out. You can always exchange it for a curve for the first 30 days you have the phone. They both are great devices, after all they are blackberries .
    10-28-08 09:46 AM
    If I had that option and was on Verizon I would wait for the Storm... a little over two weeks is not that long to wait... many of us have waited a lot longer for new phones to come out... look at all those AT&T users that have been waiting for the Bold.

Also, Welcome and have fun with your new BB when you get it.
    10-28-08 10:14 AM
    I'm a VZ user, with a Razor 3m. How's that for ancient. I'm waiting on the Storm as well. Considered the Curve, which would essentially by free with my new every 2 and rebate. But the screen size, ability to view portrait or landscape, and get e-mails on the road make the BB Storm my choice. I'm an engineer in tech ical product sales (a mfg. rep) traveling the Southeast.

Regarding the touchscreen being "heat activated": That's what differentiates this phone from the iPhone, (among other things). The applicaitons or "typing" has a tactile feedback, so it feels like actually pushing a key on the keyboard. You can "hover" over an icon or key, move a cursor by dragging, scoll pages etc. by moving your finger on the screen, but selecting an app or pressing a key is actually a "press" of the screen. Hope that helps.
    10-28-08 10:42 AM
    I believe the Storm touchscreen is related to the capacitance of the area on the screen, ala. iPhone, so I don't think fingernail-tapping is going to do it. Of course take this from someone with no hands-on experience with one, but I believe that is what I've read in the reviews.

As for which to get, it is really a matter of personal preference. The Curve, especially the Verizon CDMA 8330, is a very good unit; time-tested and improved over the GSM versions. The Storm is largely an unknown - time will tell if it is even _real_ competition for the iPhone. My suggestion would be to wait and try them both out; see which you prefer, and go with that.
    10-28-08 10:46 AM
    If the perspective of a newcomer is of any value ... I decided to get the Curve right now, and let the Storm (or Bold, in my case) hit the market and get the initial problems ironed out before I partook. I can always upgrade in a year or so when the revised version comes out.
    10-28-08 11:42 AM
    Thanks for all your replies.

Something I have always worried about with touchscreens - how easily scratched will it be? Or punctured? I am known to be hard on my phones so I worry about damaging the screen, especially when it's so huge.

What do you think?
    10-30-08 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD