When I hold my curve vertically the light is darker than when I hold it horizontally, why?
    It is really annoying when I am typing and and move around and the light fades and brightens.
    How can I keep it bright when I hold it vertically?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 09:46 AM
    The screen backlight is controlled by a photocell, so it brightens to overcome increased ambient light falling on the screen. My Dell notebook does the same and it drives me insane so its usually Off. Not sure if the Curve has an option to disable - have a dig in the menus, and if all else fails, cheat and read the manual.
    09-21-08 01:19 PM
    Thank you very much for the info
    09-21-08 03:57 PM
    Yeah that drives me nuts too. I have dug around in the menus but not specifically to fix that problem so I can't remember if it's in there.
    09-21-08 03:59 PM
    Yeah that drives me nuts too. I have dug around in the menus but not specifically to fix that problem so I can't remember if it's in there.
    I couldn't find the online manual for your 8330 but it looks like all the other 83 series the light sensor can be turned off.
    09-21-08 04:15 PM
    The reason you couldn't find it is there's no manual for 8330 with OS 4.5. Change it to OS 4.3 (which is what mine came with) and there manual is right here. All the 8330 manuals and guides are here.

And here's the answer (I hope!) on page 215:

Stop backlighting from dimming automatically
    1. In the device options, click Screen/Keyboard.
    2. Change the Automatically Dim Backlight field to Off.
    3. Press the Menu key.
    4. Click Save.
    Maybe if Nicole wants to try it and let us know if that works?
    09-21-08 07:21 PM
    it works... i had to get my bb swapped out at the store... i did notice that the keyboard seems to not light up as bright as my old one... anyone...notice or had this issue when changing out there phone...
    10-01-08 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD