Is there a way to close an unresponsive/frozen app without doing a battery pull or walking away for 15 minutes?

I have a pacman app that on a good day will go into pause mode when my bb is sending/rcvg data (blue arrows flashing).

Sometimes though it totally locks up, will not accept ANY keypad commands. I then have to wait 15 - 45 min for the error msg or pull the battery.
    02-14-09 12:16 PM
    If the BlackBerry isn't responding to the keypad, a battery pull is the only way to reboot and recover.
    02-14-09 12:34 PM
    If the BlackBerry isn't responding to the keypad, a battery pull is the only way to reboot and recover.
    Ok, Thanks Jeff. A curious thing though... Yesterday, every time I came back to this thread, I could not see your reply. I rcvd email notification and read it there. I went to the days posts and could see it there. Logged in logged out, went to the thread a few different ways and all I could see was my question?
    02-15-09 10:57 AM
    Ok, Thanks Jeff. A curious thing though... Yesterday, every time I came back to this thread, I could not see your reply. I rcvd email notification and read it there. I went to the days posts and could see it there. Logged in logged out, went to the thread a few different ways and all I could see was my question?
    That is curious. Did you try refreshing the page? Press "r" anywhere on the page other than in a typing box to refresh the page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 11:46 AM
    Thanks again Jeff.

R/refresh did the trick. Did not know that one.
    02-15-09 09:09 PM
    It's an old trick. The question is why you need to employ it now. A year ago it was always necessary to refresh the page to see your own posts. New users would get incredibly frustrated, filling a page with "why won't my posts show up?" posts. It was a tough problem to solve, but Kevin and the programming team did it. That was at least 6 months ago. I haven't seen the problem since, until you reported it.
    02-15-09 09:48 PM
    No big. I was able to link to your last reply no problem. Earlier tonight I could not.

It's ok. I have R.
    02-16-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD