I would like to add a folder to my desktop where I can store files that I transfer from one computer (via Bluetooth or wired connection) so I can view later or transfer to a different computer. When connected via USB, I can transfer and see the file in the "Documents" folder I created - but when I unplug, I can't see the documents folder anymore unless I go into "Explore" mode. I added a folder to the desktop, but can't figure out how to get the files to store and display in that folder. Can I set up a folder with an icon on the desktop to store and display files? (I guess what I would like to accomplish is to have a desktop folder where I store files when I use the device like a USB flash drive.)

Maybe there is another solution to accomplish this that I'm just not aware of. Any thoughts?

Thanx!
    BB 8820 +4GB and Pearl 8120 +2GB
    09-07-08 10:24 PM
    Options --> Media Card --> Mass Storage Mode... is it on or off? Use the opposite. (more than likely use on)
    09-07-08 10:27 PM
    Media Storage is "On".
    09-07-08 10:56 PM
    I'm sorry, was a bit confused at what you were saying (been sipping tonight, lol.)

You have the folder on your desktop to show on your BB when you are not connected by USB?
    09-07-08 11:00 PM
    I have created a folder called "Documents" on my BB device Home Screen, but can't figure out how to store files to it. When I connect via USB using my home computer, I can see the folder I created on my BB SD card called "Documents". When I am disconnected, I can't figure out how to make the BB display the "Documents" folder on the BB device Home Screen so I can access the douments.
    09-08-08 07:47 AM
    Out of interest what sort of files are you talking about? The sd card can store all sorts of things on it , there could be difficulties in viewing the stored files though. For example whilst you can view pdf's , word docs or excell files if they are sent by email (via the Blackberry Attachment Service), you would need a third party viewer for the BB to be able to view them from the sd card.Do you have a third party app on your bb that can view word, excel files etc like docs2go or Eoffice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gritmaster; 09-08-08 at 09:57 AM.
    09-08-08 08:05 AM
    Typically it would be traditional office doc's like Word, Exel, or PDF's, but I would like to store any kind of file - recognizing that only certain types could be viewed. Instead of emailing a file to myself, It just seems handy if I could use the BB like a flash drive and drop files onto another computer (via USB or Bluetooth) where there is not an email link.
    09-08-08 12:18 PM
    This is how I understand it, others may correct me if I have anything wrong

As Jayden said go to Options> Media Card. Make sure Media card support is switched to ON and Mass Storage Support Mode is set to ON.

Now when you connect your BB to your PC via the USB cable it will show up as a removal storage device that you can just drop files into.

The SD card will certainly hold the files you want to store and more. You should be able to see an overview of what's stored on the SD card by using the Explore option under the Media icon that you referred to in your earlier post. What you won't be able to do is view the content of the files unless you have some third party application that supports those file types.
    09-08-08 01:57 PM
    can you make shortcuts on the BB home screen for the documents folder on your micro SD card?
    03-29-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD