01-25-09 09:30 PM
28 12
tools
    now let me hear what you think.........and the crackberry can any berry, but what do you think? who would win? what do you choose? would you ever switch? how do you feel about the iPhone?

p.s. - no intentions whatsoever, just wanted to know.
    07-18-07 04:41 PM
    great media device, mediocre (sp?) phone (due to horrible AT&T service), looks nice, not good for corporate use. Basically same as what everyone is saying. I was given 1 from AT&T to "test drive". I would not switch.
    07-19-07 11:17 AM
    I am a devoted Blackberry user, but the IPhone has a great interface and is very intuitive. If i was unemployed and wanted to play all day, the IPhone would be for me. Unfortunately, I need my corporate email and applications that help me get my job done. Blackberry all the way!!
    07-19-07 06:44 PM
    I know of some business associates that got the IPhone and kept their BB as well and were thoroughly disappointed in the IPhone. They have since terminated the IPhone and are back to BB for life.

I've read so many negative things about the IPhone online with reviews and feedback that I for one, even if I got one for free and had free service for 5 years, would never want one. I'm for BlackBerry totally and forever.

Gia
    07-19-07 06:50 PM
    I've used, the iphone and I love it. Apple took notice on what consumers would love that i've been wishing the blackberry have even with the little details like how the format of the "notes" is done. Some of the reasons why I won't be getting it is because of the cost to switch to another carrier and how the phone will get a lot of attention. The pearl looks like a regular phone so it's not a huge deal, but if I use the iphone in public, i'm afraid someone might try to steal it or something lol
    07-21-07 01:35 AM
    Will never touch an iPhone thnxs, price an issues and just the experience with it is not something i'm interested in, I will however say that this is 1st gen, I'm sure it will evolve over time but even then I wont have anything to do with it, my first BB was a Pearl, had that for abt 2 weeks, LOVED IT!!..began craving the curve..got it and never switching back to another device unless it's in the RIM catologue.
    07-21-07 02:02 AM
    thats right! curve all the way!
    07-23-07 01:33 PM
    Ugg, I am getting sick of hearing about the iPhone. It really doesn't even compare to BlackBerry. They do things completely different.
    07-23-07 03:10 PM
    I didn't saw iPhone and only become Crackbarry addict recently, but here in Europe iPhone in this version would be useless.

You can't send/recive MMS and only EDGE. Thanks God that in Croatia EDGE has good covrage but without 3G no thanks. I'm also Symbian user and this cryple OSX isn't flexibele like Symbian. Maybe in few years we will have thousand programs like there are for Symbian S60 platform.

But my wors fear is what will happen when iP falls on hard ground? I have feeling that screen would break in million pieces...
    07-25-07 03:21 AM
    I just updated service from a typical dumb cell phone. While I had seen the commercials for the iPhone, and it looked intriguing, please recall that I'm a middle aged lady who grew up with a black dial wall telephone, a party line, and in my youth computers took up a space the size of an average garage! I knew damn well that the iPhone would be way too complicated for me to manage, and the Pearl looked vaguely like a cell phone with PDA features (I had an earlier PDA back in the early 1990s and loved it until it was stolen from my car.)

The iPhone, on the other hand, looked to me like a plastic credit card, and looked like it would be annoying if I forgot exactly the correct sequence to get it to perform whatever function I wanted it to do. And I agree with the individual from Croatia, it looks like that screen would shatter into a million little pieces.....

I went to the AT&T store with the intentions of getting another dumb phone but the Pearl did catch my eye, and the price ($250 after their so-called rebate) was more attractive than the $600 they were asking for the top of the line iPhone. Since this was day 2 of the iPhone, a lot of people were looking at me almost as strangely as if I had gone in there and asked for a black dial wall phone like the type I had grown up with. I stuck to my guns, explored a few of the features of the Pearl, and decided on it. Even so, I didn't know what I was getting into. I had to update my o/s on my computer to get the desktop software to work, have spent five hours over four different phone calls to AT & T tech support, ignored my two Labradors asking to go out while I madly thumbed buttons, and more, but I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. My greatest frustration with the device is that there is no "real" owner's manual that comes with the device, you have to go and download a 273 page pdf from Blackberry.com or make do with the silly "Getting Started" manual that comes packaged with it. This is a definite deficiency as far as I'm concerned, and RIM would do well to bite the bullet and give owners a real, paper manual. I am certain that there are other technophobes out there who want something that they do not have to press a button to be able to read!

All that being said, however, I am beginning to enjoy the Pearl. As Humphrey Bogart said in Casablanca, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!"

Shabbybrat
    Last edited by shabbybrat; 07-25-07 at 04:15 AM.
    07-25-07 04:12 AM
    Wow, welcome to our addiction

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-07 05:56 AM
    Google search for iphone stress test and see what happens when an iphone is dropped ...

EDIT: found the link: PC World - iPhone Stress Tests
    Last edited by saukrateaz; 07-25-07 at 08:22 AM.
    07-25-07 06:00 AM
    i don't know if i'm interested in switching... haven't taken a look at one just yet so i really cannot form an opinion
    07-25-07 11:25 PM
    i think/know that the iphone will be popular but it will not replace my BB. the iphone will change the industry for mp3 players and phones. the iphone is a trendsetter just as the ipod was/is. i love my bb and my zune. i am just not a big fan of apple.
    07-26-07 07:28 AM
    I got to touch the iPhone today, just after I watched someone chuck it across the parking lot like a stone skipping across a pond. He said it was the 3rd one he's had and just like the BB 8830, he hated it. I watched him skip the 8830 when he got that also after missing calls all day he said because he wasn't able to hear the ring.

Like the 8830, you couldn't pay me to use the iPhone, If I wanted all the media functions then I would've stayed with a Treo where I could use my own movies and songs on the card and not worry about iTunes.
    07-26-07 08:20 AM
    I got to touch the iPhone today, just after I watched someone chuck it across the parking lot like a stone skipping across a pond. He said it was the 3rd one he's had and just like the BB 8830, he hated it. I watched him skip the 8830 when he got that also after missing calls all day he said because he wasn't able to hear the ring.
    wow.............speechless
    07-26-07 06:06 PM
    Good response Miguel!
    Last edited by MiniBB; 07-26-07 at 08:24 PM.
    07-26-07 08:13 PM
    Hey...Miguel. That is the coolest signature I have ever seen!!

Nice to see a fellow believer around here...and one who is not shy about saying so.
    07-26-07 10:27 PM
    I agree. BB are best for corporate users. the iPhone seems to be targeted at a younger audience that mostly entails play and entertainment. Really though, it is an innovative idea. The difference in the technology is very creative especially with the touch screen.
    07-27-07 12:44 PM

Like the 8830, you couldn't pay me to use the iPhone, If I wanted all the media functions then I would've stayed with a Treo where I could use my own movies and songs on the card and not worry about iTunes.
    Could it be there are also possible underlying anger issues with the "phone tosser?"
    07-27-07 12:46 PM
    Hey...Miguel. That is the coolest signature I have ever seen!!

Nice to see a fellow believer around here...and one who is not shy about saying so.
    that's right! down 4 Christ all the way....but yea i dont like to shove it in people's faces and force them to believe what I'm saying. I am free, and that's what I want people to know. I aint religious, i hate religion with the passion! anyways... sorry if i got emotional

but yea many many many crackberry users say that blackberry KILLS iPhone....there's no phone like crackberry
    07-27-07 12:57 PM
    iphone is garbage. i listened to howard stern talk about some guys in the office who got one and every time someone sent him an email, it shut down his phone....crackberry's are established. why pay 700 bucks for a 8gb ipod video?? spend 400 and get a 60gb. crackberry reins forever.
    07-27-07 10:13 PM
    Could it be there are also possible underlying anger issues with the "phone tosser?"

Could it also be that this guy lives in a place with poor reception?

I've played with the iPhone and the call quality was outstanding. I own the BlackBerry 8830 and it is by far the best phone I've ever used. Of course, where I live there is great reception on all major carriers.
    01-22-09 11:48 PM
    Way to bring a topic back from the grave. I've used my new bb bold for 4 days now and love it 100x more than I ever did my iphone!

01-23-09 09:09 PM
    Personally, I have had many phones from Windows Mobile, to Blackberry's to both iPhones. Personally they all have there perks and no one phone OS is better than the other. Windows Mobile has millions of applications, if you have ever had one, you would know exactly what I am talking about. The iPhone was a really good idea to providing a all together device, the browser being superb to being a iPod to being a all rounded device. The Blackberry is more in a business sence all together, with its email push capabilities etc. Personally I have had Windows Mobile and both iPhones but I can surely say that I had to leave them for my Blackberry. It's just what fits me and is so much easier to handle.
    01-24-09 12:39 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD