Just tried to download wallpaper and my 8100 froze and went to a white screen with a "just say no" sign with what looks like a application symbol in the middle. I tried pulling my battery out and turning it back on and got same response. Does anyone know what I can do?
    09-27-08 10:35 PM
    That's the symbol for a corrupted OS. I don't know how downloading a wallpaper could have done it, but you've nuked your BlackBerry. Here's the recovery procedure: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

There are no BlackBerry viruses. Trying to run an incompatible theme can cause problems, but I've never heard of a wallpaper causing a nuked berry. Did something else happen during the download?
    09-27-08 11:28 PM
    Try to delete the theme from your desktop manager if you can get it to recognize your berry. Sorry to hear that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 11:29 PM
    I assumed by wallpaper you meant a picture. But if greg24 is right in assuming you meant a theme, then your problem is much more understandable. There have been numerous accounts of themes causing such problems.
    09-27-08 11:36 PM
    wow i didn't know that was possible
    thats good to know now i guess me more mind full
    and i hope GUINNESS78 gets your bb restored
    09-27-08 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD