Is it just me, or lately have all the software reviews been extremely favorable towards developers? The fact that Crackberry makes more money selling programs then they do from users reading "unbiased" reviews, you have to take them with a grain of salt.

Certainly Crackberry is not the first to do this, but I have a little more faith in a Ziff Davis/PC Magazine review when one bad rating wouldn't sink the entire operation.
    08-25-08 11:05 PM
    If you read a review that seems a little too good to be true, just post a question on the forum. "I'm considering buying xyz. Has anybody tried it?" You'll get another point of view, probably several, but if a consensus emerges, that's better than any review anywhere, in my opinion.
    08-25-08 11:14 PM
    If you read a review that seems a little too good to be true, just post a question on the forum. "I'm considering buying xyz. Has anybody tried it?" You'll get another point of view, probably several, but if a consensus emerges, that's better than any review anywhere, in my opinion.
    I agree as well... Many people interested in such product or looking for a product ask in the forums. And there you will find out. 1. is it worth it. 2. bug's. hate to pay for something that won't work right. 3. A consumers honest opinion.

Right on Jeff.
    08-25-08 11:17 PM
    Exactly what Jeff said...

There are usually numerous discussions about different apps floating around the forums. Just do a little research or start your own thread asking peoples' opinions!
    08-25-08 11:17 PM
    I agree with both of you; my message was more an appeal to the Crackberry folks than it's users. I'd prefer if the reviews were less opinion and more fact.

I almost feel like my intelligence is being insulted when I read reviews seemingly written by preteens (OMG this app RAWKS!).
    08-25-08 11:24 PM
    it's funny what preteens write!
    08-25-08 11:35 PM
    I like the fact they get excited like little school girls (no offense to the reviewers) when they find a really good app that's cool. I must admit some of the items in the Crackberry store have that effect on me. At the end of the day they need to make money so if they push an array of apps and make some cash to keep this site free, it's all good! Plus some of the reviews are on free stuff as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 11:50 PM
    Well first off, none of the reviews are written by preteens. We do our best to keep them informative and give our opinions about how the item worked for us. If we made them all fact, they would be boring. You can get the facts just by reading about the item in the CB store or wherever else it is sold. The reviews are meant to have opinions in them. Most people want to know if it is really a useful item, and what kind of benefit they can expect from it. If you ever have a specific question about an item reviewed, you can always post a comment on that blog, ask the questions in the forums, or go straight to the source and send a PM to the reviewer of the item.
    08-25-08 11:53 PM
    If we made them all fact, they would be boring.
    I read reviews to determine if an application is worth purchasing, not for literary enjoyment; no one is going to win a Pulitzer here.

But seriously, I appreciate you allowing me to express my opinion. I understand that you must make money to keep your site free.
    08-26-08 06:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD