Hello to All!

I just purchased my first blackberry on Wednesday. I must say, I like using the little thing overall. I read a lot of the reviews before I purchased it which were helpful. I'll be trying this out over the next few weeks to get a feel for it and decide on wether I want to keep it or not. I'm not interested in the Pearl, because I want the full QWERTY, and VZ doesn't have the Curve.

One thing I must say about Verizon is that I'm a bit disappointed in their lack of phone choices (i.e. no Curve available yet) and the many restrictions and non-existent features on their BB's (I noticed AT&T's 8820 includes the AT&T mall for ringtone downloads. Verizon however...well you know the rest.)

I'm very pleased with VZ's service coverage which is important. However, I'm starting to feel I could be getting more for my money. Maybe if I get used to this BB and can download some new applications and find out a good ringtone app to use (any suggestions anyone?) then I may stay with the cash machine...

Main issue with switching is I'll have to switch my mom too. We must have Mobile2Mobile!
    Last edited by Evolving; 12-30-07 at 04:57 PM.
    12-29-07 10:51 PM
    Wait until you find out that your GPS is disabled, as well, unless you pay another $10 a month for Verizon Navigator. AT&T 8310 has GPS built in and it can be used for free.
    12-29-07 10:56 PM
    Welcome! I shifted over to BB about a month ago and haven't looked back. You will really enjoy the phone and find lots of information on CB.com!

Regards,

- E
    12-29-07 10:56 PM
    There are many things to dislike about Verizon. They are always far behind on there phone choices. They are notorious for disabling anything they can on there phones to charge you a fee to use the thing they disabled.

The major concern is coverage. If they are providing the best coverage then they should probably be your choice. If you can find the same coverage with TMobile or ATT make the switch. You will have better phones quicker for a cheaper price. TMobile in peticuliar has great BB plans.
    12-30-07 05:10 AM
    If you can hold out,verizon will be getting the curve in '08,even though verizon cripples features and you pay a higher premium for the phones and service,if coverage and data speeds are important,stick with verizon,best coverage and fast data speeds and this coming from a tmo user
    12-30-07 09:52 AM
    Thanks for your input guys I'm loving this BB more and more!

I just need to get into downloading new applications and all. I'm debating about sticking with Verizon a little while longer to see what they bring in 'O8. If I'm still not satisfied with them by Q3, they're getting axed! No matter what happens, I won't be returning to a regular phone. This thing has become my new best friend and it hasn't even been a whole week yet!

It's just a matter of staying with VZ or switching carriers and staying with 88xx or switching to the curve. Main thing I miss about my old phone is being able to easily get ring tones and the much louder ring volume. Haven't solved the volume issue on this yet so I guess I should check out some of the other threads...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-07 03:59 PM
    Thanks for your input guys I'm loving this BB more and more!

I just need to get into downloading new applications and all. I'm debating about sticking with Verizon a little while longer to see what they bring in 'O8. If I'm still not satisfied with them by Q3, they're getting axed! No matter what happens, I won't be returning to a regular phone. This thing has become my new best friend and it hasn't even been a whole week yet!

It's just a matter of staying with VZ or switching carriers and staying with 88xx or switching to the curve. Main thing I miss about my old phone is being able to easily get ring tones and the much louder ring volume. Haven't solved the volume issue on this yet so I guess I should check out some of the other threads...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    As far as the 8830WE ring tone volume don't hold your breath for it to get fixed anytime soon
    12-30-07 04:18 PM
    As far as the 8830WE ring tone volume don't hold your breath for it to get fixed anytime soon
    Yeah, by reading some of the comments on some of these ringtone issue threads that's the conclusion I'm coming to. It just doesn't make sense to design a phone that is orginally priced at around $500 (i didn't pay that of course but still) and it's not even able to ring loud except on one or two ring styles. And that's not a VZ issue, that's a BB issue. That's pretty much the only thing that disappoints me about this BB so far.

Does anyone know if the Curve has volume issues as well with its tones?
    12-30-07 04:28 PM
    hello to you too!
    12-30-07 04:41 PM
    which ever bb you have you are ahead of the game..
    12-30-07 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD