Hi there,
    I live in Manitoba and have finally joined Crackberry after being a long time peruser.

Loving my new KeyOne, also have had a Z10, Z30, Classic, Passport, and used a PRIV for about a week.

BB10 to me was the pinnacle of user-oriented design, and honestly Android and iOS always feel like major regressions or lessons on degeneration of design.

I'd like to give Blackberry a pat on the back as I wrote a letter to them, but don't know where to send it or if they would even be interested in what amounts to fan mail. Thought I could post it here below as well as it gives some background on why I am enjoying the KeyOne and actually (cautiously) excited and optimistic about the future of Blackberry. It's long-winded but I probably won't post much so please bear with me!

Dear BlackBerry,
    Thank you for continuing to make phones and software that focus on productivity and email management. I recently purchased a KeyOne, having previously used the Z10, Z30, Classic, and Passport. The Passport was my favourite device but due to the lack of app support I have had to “retire” it. I am no stranger to other makes and models of phones; I also own an iPhone, Sony Xperia Z3, and a Samsung S7.
    I have stuck with Blackberry for the great keyboards (physical ones are great but the virtual keyboard is the best around, as is the text prediction), the Hub, and focus and dedication on apps and devices that just work. The battery on the KeyOne is phenomenal, even better than the Passport. I prefer the grippy backs on your devices to any glass or aluminum backed phone; it is way more practical and eliminates the need for a case just to be able to firmly grip your phone without it slipping from your hand. Please continue this.
    I think the Hub has greatly improved since it's beginning on Android but I would like to suggest a couple of additions:
    Allow a swipe left to have more than one action (mark read, snooze, file, forward)
    Give the option to have all recipients show when you open an email.
    I always thought BlackBerry’s apps were superior in design and function to any other developer, and the gesture based bb10 remains my favourite operating system, however the additions you have made to Android, like the productivity tab, are making the experience and transition even better. I'm encouraged that the Motion got BlackBerry developed weather, gallery, and files apps and look forward to them being available on KeyOne. The fact that it is so hard to find a decent calculator-unit converter, not filled with ads, is a testament to how poor the Android experience can be, so you bringing these apps to Blackberry phones is exciting.
    I would also love to see you make a browser on Android, currently I am using Samsung’s browser which has been made available to all Android users, as it has navigation buttons on the bottom and a reader mode. Of course your browser on BB10 had those features as well, as you seem to be the only developer that realizes it's easier to have a url on the bottom of the screen rather than stretching the hand to get to it on the top. It was these little nuances that made you number one in my book, and the fact that the reader mode would work for nearly every website, while Chrome barely has a functional reader mode at all (it's ugly and in beta and barely works) because their number one priority at Google is not customer satisfaction, but collecting data and selling it to advertisers, for which a proper reader mode would obviously be counter-intuitive.
    Consider also that Google and Android still has not figured out a way for its Assistant to read you your emails over Bluetooth in the car and respond to them, something that my BB10 devices did from the start. In a day and age of commutes and emergent emails, this function was surprisingly useful and I miss it. Alas, people don't use their phones much for work anymore, they seem to be more concerned with selfies and social media.
    I hope you continue working on your apps; it would be nice if Tasks integrated with the Hub, so I could flag an email and have it automatically go to my Tasks much the way it works did on BB10 with the Remember app, and I'd like to be able to check tasks off directly from the Productivity Tab.
    Hopefully Blackberry Travel will return, and could BBM not be turned into a stock messaging app for Blackberry devices that is better integrated with the Hub? Currently I use Textra because it does not make you leave the Hub to reply to texts, and you can swipe left to return to the Hub. Also, stock Android Messenger doesn't even give you the option of using enter to send, which is again, a testament to the non-functionality and poor user design of Google products. I would also like to see Docs to Go for everybody, not just enterprise clients.
    I think hardware-wise, water and dust proofing is a plus for the motion, as well as the increased RAM of the black edition of the KeyOne, as I wish my first generation KeyOne was a little faster.
    All in all, I love the KeyOne and the little improvements you continually make to your Android based experience. I wish more people would give these devices a chance and am constantly singing your praises to anybody who will listen.
    I thought I would provide some old fashioned encouragement and feedback, and say that if you ever want some advice on how to make something a little better or more efficient, I would be more than willing to help.
    Thanks again for not abandoning that niche market of people who still see their phone as an instrument to help get things done, rather than a gimmicky time waster.
    eiruvrav, BerryRipe and Sigewif like this.
    01-28-18 07:52 PM
    Hello there and welcome to crackberry! A+ on that letter of yours!
    01-28-18 08:11 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    01-29-18 09:46 AM
    Great letter. Welcome to Crackberry.
    01-29-18 06:32 PM
    Great letter. Welcome to Crackberry.
    Thanks, I sent my comments and compliments to Blackberry support email and they responded with a thanks and received.
    eiruvrav and Sigewif like this.
    01-30-18 03:42 PM
    Welcome....

BB Travel was just a wrapper for another company's app... and pretty sure they shutdown so little chance of that coming back. Was a really great tool.

Would be nice if BBM had become something like iMessage, but at this point BlackBerry has licensed it out to someone else and I don't think they are really on the same page.
    superhario likes this.
    01-31-18 03:17 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and enjoy the forums.
    02-05-18 08:12 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Thanks for posting your great letter. You said you probably won't post much, but I do hope you find time, at least now and then, to share with us some of your experiences and observations in the forums going forward.
    02-06-18 01:51 AM